Onboard Credits

GMIAC

Depending on the cruise--and a "special" Regent incentive to entice booking--the nonrefunable, repeat nonrefundable, OBC can be significant.  That is totally SEPARATE from any refundable OBC obtained via your TA.  

Just-completed a Navigator B/t/B originally booked through our TA (one with significant personal experience on Regent ships) about 18 months ago. 

Regent's enhanced nonrefundable OBT was around $1,800.00.  Wanted to fill-up those segments.  It worked, as we were at full passenger capacity.  Use it or lose it. 

We used almost every penny of Regent's money.  Did so via wife's spa treatments, my haircut; and some jewelry. 

Most-significantly on Regent Special Wine Pairing lunches; and a FIRST-time ever on any Regent ship--an elaborate dinner "Connoisseur Wine Dining Experience" staged in a separate venue and hosted by the Executive Chef; and Head Sommelier Emiliapo Chumacera. Food and Beverage Manager Brandon Haylock advised us (at a nice dinner with him) the Staff worked on every aspect of this event for weeks. 

All costs were covered.  

Walked off the ship with cash obtained by cashing-in our TA's separate refundable OBC on the last cruise day which exceeded $1,000.00.  Exact amount will not be disclosed.  Never had to use any of that money during our two segments.  

That why we have used the same TA for the past-many years. 

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
context

GoArmy, was that refundable OBC in lieu of a rebate from your TA or something more?

Our upcoming Mariner cruise in October had a promotion with a $1,000 non refundable OBC. I had our TA rebook with the promotion and now we’re trying to figure out what to do with it. I’ll look into if there will be a wine pairing lunch. Or maybe it’s time to buy some jewelry. 

On our last Regent cruise we had a good bit of non refundable OBC, and we are not spa people. After a few purchases in the shop we still had a fair amount left. 
Picked a very nice cab and a very nice chardonnay and brought them home. 
Plan to have them soon at special anniversary and birthday dinners. 

• Like 1

jeb_bud:

Running into a little glitch attempting to respond directly to your Post "27". So--scan through my earlier attached text.   

---------

Depending on the cruise--and a "special" Regent incentive to entice booking--the nonrefunable, repeat nonrefundable, OBC can be significant.  That is totally SEPARATE from any refundable OBCs obtained via a TA.  

Just-completed a Navigator B/t/B originally booked through our TA (one with significant personal experience on Regent ships) about 18 months ago. 

Regent's enhanced nonrefundable OBT was around $1,800.00.  Wanted to fill-up those segments.  It worked, as we were at full passenger capacity.  Use it or lose it. 

We used almost every penny of Regent's money.  Did so via wife's spa treatments, my haircut; and some jewelry. 

Most-significantly on Regent Special Wine Pairing lunches; and a FIRST-time ever on any Regent ship--an elaborate dinner "Connoisseur Wine Dining Experience" staged in a separate venue and hosted by the Executive Chef and Head Sommelier Emiliapo Chumacera. Food and Beverage Manager Brandon Haylock advised us (at a nice dinner with him) the Staff worked on every aspect of this event for weeks. 

All costs were covered.  

Walked off the ship with cash obtained by cashing-in our TA's separate refundable OBC on the last cruise day which exceeded $1,000.00.  Exact amount will not be disclosed.  Never had to use any of that money during our two segments.  

That why we have used the same TA for the past-many years. 

GOARMY!

--------
 O.K.  Trying to complete the response.  Again---two SEPARATE sources for OBCs.  These are INDEPENDENT from each other.  One from the TA, if utilized; the other directly from Regent which serves as an initial incentive to sign-up.  This pertains to folks who choose not to use a TA as a facilitator.  No TA--no second source of OBCs.  

Of course, prior to beginning our segments, our TA had sent us a Summary Sheet containing the exact amount of those Refundable Credits.  

It is ALWAYS important to double-check, once aboard, with Reception Desk to confirm amount of funds shown for each separate-separate account. The amount of refundable Credits (provided by our TA) was exactly confirmed. 

Regent will drain-down the NON-refundable account first; then, utilize the Refundable account (via the TA).  Should the client expend BOTH--then, Credit Card the client posted upon boarding will be accessed to assure that when one leaves the ship, nothing is still outstanding.  In that event, the client will receive a Statement indicating the amount of funds which will be charged to that Card.  

Hope this clears this up.  If not, we will try this again.  

GOARMY!

14 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Thank you for posting this information.  We also have a large amount on non refundable OBC with additional refundable OBC from a TA.  We see that you were able to get cash directly from Regent the last day for the refundable OBC which answered a big question for us.

Army, I still prefer getting the check instead of refundable credit; I don't need to be walking through Miami airport with thousands of dollars; and since I haven't used a brick and mortar bank in over 15 years, cash just sits at home.  I sure wish things would just stay the same.  🥲

I know everyone has their opinions and I am probably an outlier.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Army, I still prefer getting the check instead of refundable credit; I don't need to be walking through Miami airport with thousands of dollars; and since I haven't used a brick and mortar bank in over 15 years, cash just sits at home.  I sure wish things would just stay the same.  🥲

I know everyone has their opinions and I am probably an outlier.

In cases like yours, I agree.  Ours was just a few hundred dollars and since we were just going back to our home in Florida, didn't mind at all.  Still can use cash locally so we did.

13 hours ago, GOARMY said:

and a FIRST-time ever on any Regent ship--an elaborate dinner "Connoisseur Wine Dining Experience" staged in a separate venue and hosted by the Executive Chef and Head Sommelier Emiliapo Chumacera. Food and Beverage Manager Brandon Haylock advised us (at a nice dinner with him) the Staff worked on every aspect of this event for weeks. 

Actually, not the first time for dinner ever. There were several (about 6 or 7) on the 2022 WC, also organized by Emiliano. We went to every single one of them and managed to make a good dent in our >$3,000 OBC.

20 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Walked off the ship with cash obtained by cashing-in our TA's separate refundable OBC on the last cruise day which exceeded $1,000.00.

Do you have to take unspent refundable OBC in cash? They don't have an option to refund it to the credit card you have on file? (Seabourn does CC refunds.) Although I don't think we'll have any unused credits when we end our Regent cruise in August, unless one of our paid excursions is cancelled.

6 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Do you have to take unspent refundable OBC in cash? They don't have an option to refund it to the credit card you have on file? (Seabourn does CC refunds.) Although I don't think we'll have any unused credits when we end our Regent cruise in August, unless one of our paid excursions is cancelled.

I suspect they can only do that for a charge that originated from that card?  I'm just guessing.  Most refundable credits originate from somewhere other than your onboard CC I think.

Responding to Ship Traveler and cruiseeJ:

Can only speak from experiences with our TA.  Your TA, if utilized, may have a different method of returning unused refundable OBCs.  

Our TA offers an alternative to taking cash off the ship.  Do nothing.  Within a week or so, the amount of refundable OBCs will show up as a credit on the credit card one used to make the booking.  We have always taken the cash.  That is just us.  Do whatever is comfortable for you, should this option be available.  

BBWC:  Well, then we were told a bit of a fib as to the first-ever wine dinner.  I am shocked, shocked!  Our group thought we were really, really special.  

GOARMY!

51 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I suspect they can only do that for a charge that originated from that card?  I'm just guessing.  Most refundable credits originate from somewhere other than your onboard CC I think.

Wendy, we were just on a Seabourn cruise where I had some inspect, refundable OBC. She of it came from my TA's travel network, some came from reversing my prepaid shore excursions to use up non-refundable OBC, this making it refundable OBC. So the sources were mixed — but it all went back onto the card I had registered for the trip. Maybe Regent does it different; that's what I was inquiring about.

• Like 1

Regent has given us unused refundable OBC given by the TA by way of a refund to our credit card or cash refund our choice. They ask near the end of the cruise.