Princess EZAir - Air Canada Flights

WVHillbilly

I have a question for those that have used EZAir for flights on Air Canada.  I'm booked on my return flights next month after my Alaska cruise, at the present time I do not have seat assignments.  I downloaded the Air Canada app and logged in and began selecting my seats and it wanted be to pay like $200 for the selected seats.  If you used EZAir how do you get your seat assignments?

The most I've seen for (EZ Air) Air Canada was $30 to preselect your seat.  You can always wait until check in (24 hours prior) for free seats.  You are at their mercy at that time.

When I booked my EZ Air I was able to request my seats immediately at that time (although NOT on AC).

I am a FF member of the airlines that I am using, so I immediately logged in to each flight and made sure that my seats were confirmed.

I am not clear about your $200.00 charge--is that price per seat, or for a group of seats?  I agree, the price seems to be outrageous--almost like a class upgrade rather than a seat assignment.

Are you working with a travel agent?  Perhaps if you call them they can assist with the seat assignment issue. 

I would never wait until the last minute for a seat assignment, as those without seats could be the first to get bumped!

25 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The most I've seen for (EZ Air) Air Canada was $30 to preselect your seat.  You can always wait until check in (24 hours prior) for free seats.  You are at their mercy at that time.

It is taking me three flights to get home one flight was $25-$50-$25 X 2 passengers.  Don't like to be at their mercy as we want seats together.  SO I may have to pay to preselect my seats.  Thanks for the info.

13 minutes ago, LibertyBella said:

When I booked my EZ Air I was able to request my seats immediately at that time (although NOT on AC).

I am a FF member of the airlines that I am using, so I immediately logged in to each flight and made sure that my seats were confirmed.

I am not clear about your $200.00 charge--is that price per seat, or for a group of seats?  I agree, the price seems to be outrageous--almost like a class upgrade rather than a seat assignment.

Are you working with a travel agent?  Perhaps if you call them they can assist with the seat assignment issue. 

I would never wait until the last minute for a seat assignment, as those without seats could be the first to get bumped!

My flights getting to Alaska are on Delta and I have seat assignments on those flights, but my AC flights didn't have seat assignments.  I downloaded their app and tried selecting seat, it's taking me 3 flights to get back and the cost was$25-$50-$25 X 2 passengers.    I did just shoot my TA an email; otherwise if I have to pay to preselect the seats so that we have seats assigned and together thats what I'll do.  Never flew Air Canada before and maybe the last time.

Thanks for the help.

I am dealing with a similar dilemma.  2 flight segments.  

$30 x 2 = $60/pp for seats on Air Canada

$30 x 2 = $60/pp for 1 bag on Air Canada

PLUS air fare.  

Even if I had booked it directly with Air Canada (verses EZ Air) the same fees would apply.

You are correct.  This is SKYway robbery.

One of my biggest pet peeves since deregulation.  How can the airlines (all of them) believe you can go on holiday WITHOUT any luggage?  They are raking in BILLIONS in baggage fees.  

Thank goodness some airlines have done away with change fees or traveling with children.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly said:

My flights getting to Alaska are on Delta and I have seat assignments on those flights, but my AC flights didn't have seat assignments.  I downloaded their app and tried selecting seat, it's taking me 3 flights to get back and the cost was$25-$50-$25 X 2 passengers.    I did just shoot my TA an email; otherwise if I have to pay to preselect the seats so that we have seats assigned and together thats what I'll do.  Never flew Air Canada before and maybe the last time.

Thanks for the help.

Have you looked at the seat maps for your flights? How full do they look?We fly AC often (due to lack of choices, lol) and if we are in coach I just wait until the check in at 24 hrs and get them free. If the seat maps look pretty wide open, I would just wait until then as most are doing the same thing. Just check in right at the 24 mark and you can get your seats for all 3 segments. You may also notice at check in that they have already assigned you seats (which you can change) and they will likely be together.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WVHillbilly said:

I have a question for those that have used EZAir for flights on Air Canada.  I'm booked on my return flights next month after my Alaska cruise, at the present time I do not have seat assignments.  I downloaded the Air Canada app and logged in and began selecting my seats and it wanted be to pay like $200 for the selected seats.  If you used EZAir how do you get your seat assignments?

No1-connection flights for your route?  The airlines really get you when flying multiple segments as you end up paying more in seat fees than if a non-stop.  I realize you are going to need at least one connection, but isn't there some flight offering that?  (You didn't mention three flights on Delta, for example).

Also, AC has seat selection fess for lowest economy classes.  If you were booking on their website, you would end up with similar fees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am dealing with a similar dilemma.  2 flight segments.  

$30 x 2 = $60/pp for seats on Air Canada

$30 x 2 = $60/pp for 1 bag on Air Canada

PLUS air fare.  

Even if I had booked it directly with Air Canada (verses EZ Air) the same fees would apply.

You are correct.  This is SKYway robbery.

One of my biggest pet peeves since deregulation.  How can the airlines (all of them) believe you can go on holiday WITHOUT any luggage?  They are raking in BILLIONS in baggage fees.  

Thank goodness some airlines have done away with change fees or traveling with children.  

I wish to amend this post:  I have been trying to deal with United Airlines code share with Air Canada purchased through EZAir....for the past 3 hours.  No one answers at Air Canada.  United can't help me through chat since it is Air Canada's equipment.  Can't reach them by phone either.

Sent off an email contact to Air Canada.  We received it but will take 45 days (yes DAYS) to reply.

My error?  I chose seats on United for no charge.  Go to Air Canada...$60 charge.  Can't remove seat selection.  Website says $30 per flight segment.  Can't access first part of flight since it is with Rogue. What a nightmare.  

Will try all day tomorrow to reach EZ Air.  TA couldn't reach them today either.  

Flying shouldn't be this difficult.

I would do what others suggested and watch if the seats are being booked up. You can do that on the AC site, look (ie - try to make a booking) for your flights on the site and look at view seats for each flight. If there are a lot available, I would not pay to book. At checkin time, make sure you checkin exactly 24 hours before the flight and book seats. You'll be booking all of the connecting flights earlier than most people as they won't be at the 24 hour mark yet. And if you can't book two seats together, an aisle across from each other works well too.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the info.  When I initially booked my flights I had a single stop in Seattle, but Delta changed those so now I have two stops (3 flights).  My return flight was always two stops on Air Canada.  I got an excellent price so I took what was the cheapest flights; however had I known AC charges for seat assignments I might have chosen different flights.  Doesn't seem like there are a lot of seats available so I went ahead and reserved my seats.  Couldn't chance waiting til 24hrs before to get a seat selection for free.  I'm retired so I'm not on a time schedule to get back; don't know AC / Canada's reimbursement for bumping people off of flights.  

Just a thought.  Since it wasn't your fault that you went from 2 to 3 flights and have to pay for each segment, could you possibly put in an insurance claim for trip interruption?  

You agreed to 2 segments.  You were rebooked on 3.  Not your fault.  I would give it a shot (and then let me know).