Sarande Albania?

The only significant attraction around Sarande is a visit to Butrint, a lovely late Roman site that is picturesquely set on the water. It has been nicely excavated and you can see a theatre, early Christian church and baptistery, and other public buildings and private dwellings. 

Besides Butrint, the only other option is a walk around Sarande but fair warning it is a somewhat dispiriting place filled with drab old and cheap new construction.

• Like 1

We were just in Sarande. I agree with cruisemom42.  When we got off the ship, it was a very disheartening walk. We walked most of the ‘promenade’, stopped on our way back for a cold beer by the water, and had ourselves back on board in a short time. It was a lovely day on board, but not in port. I would book a tour or stay on board. I simply do not understand why ships dock there unless it’s very low port fees. I also know this is not what you wanted to hear. 
There was an excursion to a village that was UNESCO that I heard people really enjoyed in addition to Butrint. 

Edited by Vineyard View

We were there on a Regent cruise maybe 10 years ago.  We took one look at the buildings and went back to the ship but one hardy member of our group wandered around some more.  His comment on his return - if you think it looks worse than it is ...it IS.  he said he had never felt so unsafe in many years.  Lots of shady characters lurking around.   From the ship we saw a lot of what looked like feral dogs.

Glad we stayed put on the ship.

• Like 1