Huge Price Drop For Beverage Package Today

38 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I'm also new to RCI, and am still trying to learn the various nuances of their DBP. When you mention 'pre-18% service charge', and if we have the DBP, that 18% service charge is factored in with the price of the drink, do I have that right?
Because, I recall that I paid the 18% service charge at checkout when I purchased the package.

Correct,

Edited by Tree_skier

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

I'm also new to RCI, and am still trying to learn the various nuances of their DBP. When you mention 'pre-18% service charge', and if we have the DBP, that 18% service charge is factored in with the price of the drink, do I have that right?
Because, I recall that I paid the 18% service charge at checkout when I purchased the package.

Yes you're correct, the 18% should be added at checkout, or if purchasing drinks individually, , it will be added each time a drink is purchased.  

A $70 drink package with the 18% added on is $82.60 and a $14 drink with the 18% added on is $16.52. Either way I calculate it, it's still a 5-margarita-break-even, so I guess I didn't need to mention the 18%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just canceled my original DBP purchase because today the total price (for us) dropped by nearly $100 (1-day BOGO 50% off sale). 🙂

Is it pretty safe to wait to re-book at the lower price, so that my refund/credit gets processed correctly? I'm somewhat concerned that an immediate re-book might muck-up their accounting dept with a quick cancel/re-book transaction scenario.

Again, for you RCI veterans, am I overthinking this? Is my concern unfounded and I shouldn't be worried about them crediting and recharging at the new price without a hitch?

Thanks much!

2 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I just canceled my original DBP purchase because today the total price (for us) dropped by nearly $100 (1-day BOGO 50% off sale). 🙂

Is it pretty safe to wait to re-book at the lower price, so that my refund/credit gets processed correctly? I'm somewhat concerned that an immediate re-book might muck-up their accounting dept with a quick cancel/re-book transaction scenario.

Again, for you RCI veterans, am I overthinking this? Is my concern unfounded and I shouldn't be worried about them crediting and recharging at the new price without a hitch?

Thanks much!

I have cancelled and purchased at a lower price, almost immediately, many times.  The only issue I ever had was last Black Friday -- but that was a rather large snafu on their part -- took a long time for refunds.

I wouldn't wait long to repurchase, as you never know when the price will change again.

Mike

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Thanks much!

Re-book immediately, or that sale could be gone. Sometimes they last a week, sometimes a few days, sometimes it's gone by the end of the day.

I wouldn't wait for the refund, that could take a week to get back to you. It won't muck up their accounting, you'll just be out extra money for a few days.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KroozNut said:

Thanks @Bocker3 and @ARandomTraveler for the advice. Their countdown clock for the 1-day sale says it will be there for another 12 hours, but I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on it soon so I don't risk missing out.

After all, $100 is $100, right? 🙂

That's a good savings on a drink package! 

• Like 1