RomeTour of major sites in Rome.

Jusaun

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Take a look around the board...several companies commonly discussed. We have used Rome in Limo (huge thread just down the board) several times, a wonderful company.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Take a look around the board...several companies commonly discussed. We have used Rome in Limo (huge thread just down the board) several times, a wonderful company.

Look into "Romeinlimo."  It offers a "Highlights of Rome" shared limo tour.  See my recent post by jmm34djg looking for others to join on 8/11/2023 for details.  If you are in Rome that day, maybe look into joining our tour?

11 minutes ago, jmm34djg said:

Look into "Romeinlimo."  It offers a "Highlights of Rome" shared limo tour.  See my recent post by jmm34djg looking for others to join on 8/11/2023 for details.  If you are in Rome that day, maybe look into joining our tour?

Please see response to your other thread. It's also not polite to spam the boards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Please see response to your other thread. It's also not polite to spam the boards.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

1 hour ago, jmm34djg said:

That would have been great. But will be there on 8/25/23.

On 6/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, Jusaun said:

For full day in Rome before cruise would love to find a good tour company. Any suggestion ? Would like to see as many sights as possible.

In May we used To Rome with Dino for tours of the Colosseum, Vatican, St. Peter’s, etc., and highly recommend him.  Listening to him speak about the history of his country is like stepping back in time. Very reasonable rates. 

On 6/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, Jusaun said:

For full day in Rome before cruise would love to find a good tour company. Any suggestion ? Would like to see as many sights as possible.

I go for an open-top double-decker HOHO bus to see the sights no matter where I am.  In Rome, the Big Bus has Stop #1 at the Termini RR station, so that will do me just fine.  I do a great deal of reading before a trip, so have some frame of reference to what I'm seeing ... and for some reason it's just "fun" to be up so high looking at everything.

43 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I go for an open-top double-decker HOHO bus to see the sights no matter where I am.  In Rome, the Big Bus has Stop #1 at the Termini RR station, so that will do me just fine.  I do a great deal of reading before a trip, so have some frame of reference to what I'm seeing ... and for some reason it's just "fun" to be up so high looking at everything.

Rome has one of the most disappointing HOHO bus set-ups. The city just doesn't lend itself to them. In places, the bus won't even be able to pass by the site you'd like to see (the Pantheon, for example) because it is a pedestrian area or because the bus won't fit through the narrow medieval alleys of the Centro Storico. Or you'll see a couple of lovely Republican-era temples but they are across a big green space between two "arms" of the road and half hidden by trees.

Also, traffic is horrible in Rome, so if you get off the bus to investigate a site that you can't otherwise see, you may find yourself waiting an interminable amount of time to get back on (and face the possibility that the bus will be full when it arrives -- if no one gets off, no one else can get on).

I have literally found myself walking at a faster pace from Point A to Point B in Rome than the bus traffic beside me on the road!

(I know many like to take the HOHO to 'get the lay of the land' so to speak, but even there I feel like the Rome buses fail because there are so many twisty roads with closed-in views that you are never quite sure exactly what area of the city you're in and what direction you're headed....)

• Like 2

Thank you for this reality reminder.  My nephew has never been to Europe, so I want him to see 'everything', especially in Roma. And my legs won't do more than a couple of hours walking in a day.  But there seem to be lots of golf cart tours in Roma ... much more money but it might be worth it.  I will continue my quest and appreciate the advice.    

On 6/10/2023 at 9:29 AM, jmm34djg said:

Sorry will be there on the 25th

On 6/12/2023 at 1:45 AM, RTR 21-0 said:

In May we used To Rome with Dino for tours of the Colosseum, Vatican, St. Peter’s, etc., and highly recommend him.  Listening to him speak about the history of his country is like stepping back in time. Very reasonable rates. 

Thanks

• Like 1