Coffee Machine in Diamond Lounges

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Why does it matter how someone wants to use their daily vouchers. 

m

Do they give you paper vouchers for the 4 drinks a day?  or are they just credits put on your cruise card?  What is the amount allowed for each of the free drinks?  and if you go over that amount?

Thank you all for helping me become acquainted with Royal again.  Hope you don't mind my questions.....😍

Just now, BridgeMates said:

or are they just credits put on your cruise card? 

What is the amount allowed for each of the free drinks? 

and if you go over that amount?

On your account.

$14.

You pay the diff +18%

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On your account.

$14.

You pay the diff +18%

Thank You!  Think I'll stay on this thread for all my questions. 

Follow up.....so since it's on my account, if I get a latte or cappuccino, it will cost me $14? 

No way to just pay the cost of the coffee and not use one of my free drinks?

13 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Thank You!  Think I'll stay on this thread for all my questions. 

Follow up.....so since it's on my account, if I get a latte or cappuccino, it will cost me $14? 

No way to just pay the cost of the coffee and not use one of my free drinks?

If you use a voucher, you do not get to keep the difference between the $14 and cost of the coffee. So, yes, technically you bought a $14 coffee or bottle of water, etc.

You can specify that you do not want to use a voucher for a purchase and just have it charged to your account.

1 hour ago, BridgeMates said:

so since it's on my account, if I get a latte or cappuccino, it will cost me $14?

In the case of the C&A drink perks, you don't get a $ amount, you get "a drink" credit (4 in your case). Other perks, like Voom, you do get a $ amount as credit.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

In the case of the C&A drink perks, you don't get a $ amount, you get "a drink" credit (4 in your case). Other perks, like Voom, you do get a $ amount as credit.

If I purchase the Voom internet package, do I still get my two free D+ days which I can log on and give to my wife?  I can't recall if it's a NO or depending on what the internet person on a particular ship will or will not allow?

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you use a voucher, you do not get to keep the difference between the $14 and cost of the coffee. So, yes, technically you bought a $14 coffee or bottle of water, etc.

You can specify that you do not want to use a voucher for a purchase and just have it charged to your account.

It's not a $14 coffee or water.  It is a free cocktail/beer/coffee/water/soda whatever using the daily voucher. 

If a person wants a beer which is less than $14, are they using a voucher to have a drink of choice or are the having a $14 beer? I say they are using the voucher for a drink of choice. 

For those who think they will use the voucher for 4 alcohol drinks, obviously it makes sense to use them for the more expensive drinks and pay for the cheaper drinks.  For those who never come close to the limit, it doesn't matter. 

M

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

What Ocean Boy said.  Especially when the coffee is generally considered to be one of the perks of the DL.  Plus $14 is about double the cost of a coffee, so I wouldn’t waste a voucher on the coffee, I would just buy it if necessary.  

Prefer the coffee bar over the D lounge.  On some ships the lounge does not have decaf so I am forced to use/pay the coffee bar. (Or the machine is broken).  I never use all my vouchers, so using one at the coffee bar actually SAVES me $5 I would have to pay for coffee.  

No everyone wants to use the vouchers for alcohol. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

59 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It's not a $14 coffee or water.  It is a free cocktail/beer/coffee/water/soda whatever using the daily voucher. 

If a person wants a beer which is less than $14, are they using a voucher to have a drink of choice or are the having a $14 beer? I say they are using the voucher for a drink of choice. 

For those who think they will use the voucher for 4 alcohol drinks, obviously it makes sense to use them for the more expensive drinks and pay for the cheaper drinks.  For those who never come close to the limit, it doesn't matter. 

M

I think both points of view are valid. This really seems like splitting hairs over something, that, in reality, is meaningless. Just enjoy the drinks of one's choice as a perk of the level one has attained in the C&A program.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think both points of view are valid. This really seems like splitting hairs over something, that, in reality, is meaningless. Just enjoy the drinks of one's choice as a perk of the level one has attained in the C&A program.

Great advice that I forward to following on our next cruise.

M

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

If I purchase the Voom internet package, do I still get my two free D+ days which I can log on and give to my wife? 

Yes, though that will likely need a visit to the Voom person on the ship as when you set up your login the system will see you already have a package and usually won't allow you to buy the 24 hour package under your name.

Edited by Biker19