Getting off the ship in Victoria

kona_wahine

We have done a  number of port calls in Victoria through the years (without looking at our cruise history I can remember eight) and don't recall ever being asked for any travel info such as a passport.  We have been asked to see our ship card and a driver's license when re-boarding.  There are several Alaska ports which, in my experience, ask adults to show their ship card and driver's license too.

I have also been to Victoria multiple times. Mostly coastals from LA to Vancouver and then a few Alaskan cruises with Victoria as a stop.

I have had to show my passport before. They made everyone walk through the building and they quickly looked at passports. And other times, nothing but ID when reboarding.

My most previous cruise in May - we went from a US port (in Alaska) to Victoria. We had to fill out forms a few days before we got off the ship and turn them into the ship. Once we got off the ship, we didn't have to do anything. No one asked for anything.

I guess expect anything......

Edited by Coral

We went last year. The Canadian authorities didn't check for a passport, but we had our information entered in the ArriveCAN app (not sure if that's required now since vaccinations are no longer required). However, the US authorities checked passports upon arrival in Seattle.

ArriveCan is no longer necessary. Arrival in Victoria, even last year when ArriveCan was required, was as simple as previous trips. Because Cunard had all the information collected at embarkation, the Canadian officials had received all that and passengers went ashore with no fuss at all.  Passengers are told that photo ID is required for all ports but we never had to show it in Victoria. 

• Like 1