Soda Package

Pretty Woman

58 minutes ago, Pretty Woman said:

Hi, We are sailing in July and have 2 drinks packages. Should we buy a soda package for our 12 year old grandson or can he bounce off ours?

Thank you.

Are you asking whether it is o.k. to defraud the cruise line?

Can you be discrete and sneak your grandson drinks, sure. Should you, no. 

If caught, you drinks package could be terminated without compensation. In the worst case, they could go back and charge you for every drink you had on the package. 

Is it even an option to have one person in the group not having a drinks package? I thought it was all or none having packages.

Edit: But as a solo traveller I may ver well have misunderstood this!

Edited by Asawi

33 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Is it even an option to have one person in the group not having a drinks package? I thought it was all or none having packages.

Edit: But as a solo traveller I may ver well have misunderstood this!

For soda, it can be just 1 with and others without. In the OP's case, if the grandparents are guests 1&2, the 12 year-old doesn't get anything with the Free at Sea. If the 12 year-old was 22, he would get the PBP automatically if the grandparents took the PBP.

If an adult buys the PBP, all of the other adults would have to buy the same. For soda packages, no one is forced into buying in order to match others.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1

That depends, does your grandson drink a lot of soda?

While you might be able to get a soda for him with no issue under your package, it is technically against the rules. Plus, what if your grandson wants a soda when you aren't around?

We are going in June 24 to Bermuda on Joy. I am taking my disabled brother who is mentally an 11 year old who never drinks alcohol. We want the free at sea drinks package but it's a waste to have to get it for him. We'd like to get him the soda package but there is no option to do that because he is 61 years old. ugh! 

Edited by uneamie

39 minutes ago, uneamie said:

We are going in June 24 to Bermuda on Joy. I am taking my disabled brother who is mentally an 11 year old who never drinks alcohol. We want the free at sea drinks package but it's a waste to have to get it for him. We'd like to get him the soda package but there is no option to do that because he is 61 years old. ugh! 

If you get a letter from your doctors to that effect and submit it to NCL they will waive the requirement. We did this when my spouse was on medication that meant he could have no alcohol. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

If you get a letter from your doctors to that effect and submit it to NCL they will waive the requirement. We did this when my spouse was on medication that meant he could have no alcohol. 

Wow...I didn't know that. My brother is on seizure medication so he can't have any alcohol either. Thank you for that info. I will check that out. 

Correction: We are going on Joy next year June 2.  Not that it makes any difference but I hate making typos and now it won't let me edit it. Thanks again! 

Edited by uneamie

4 hours ago, uneamie said:

You can get the soda package for someone 61.  They have been known to make exceptions to the "everyone in the cabin..." policy for people in recovery so it seems likely that they would at least consider it in your case.  Call and ask. Good luck!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pretty Woman said:

Hi, We are sailing in July and have 2 drinks packages. Should we buy a soda package for our 12 year old grandson or can he bounce off ours?

Thank you.

Nuy him the package.  Don't teach him it is OK to break rules.

• Like 1