Very large party Dining reservations

We have a family vacation planned on the Ovation next summer. Probably 20-24 of us. I was wondering if anyone had experience with a very large family group; and specifically, how was the best way to obtain dining reservations for such a large group (both main dining and specialty)? Any help appreciated. Thank you!

Judging from bella1 its hit or miss. They thought it was all set up, but wasnt when they boarded and from what I was told they confirmed before boarding.

You can make a request and if you dont get it, go to the dining folks and request a cha ge.

I've had bad luck on oasis class and I'm only 1. I think my ta requested a shared table. First week I was sat with a family of 5 adults who make it known they hated sharing a table. Rudest folks in 20 years. I was on a b2b and asked them for the following week if there was a table not one family with linking cabins. This was a disaster. Oh we got you. A nice table, not a family next leg. We fixed you right up. The following week I again was sat with one family travelling together, a family of 10, I was the 11th, a ten top with 10 chairs. They never got around to giving me a permanent table, each time they found a empty 2 top. This was last dec allure

So next cruise is bella1, on oasis. I thought fixed, but i had anytime, got it changed, here is your new table, a new 2 top. Next time I came in I sat down and waiters and the  a couple were yelling and all excited. Not your table. Here is my card, says this table. Male of the couple claims he is sure I never sat there before. I said I did and remember you guys sitting waiting for a table. Waiter finally says the couple needed wheelchair access so they reassigned me.

I had one cruise since on radiance, very nice table ... finally. Good food and service. 1 out of 4. 

Rcl bigger ships dont seem to care if you are happy imo. They fell far short with me. You can ask, they will lie and say it's taken care of. Dont tell me they couldnt tell a family of 10, linked cabins was all together they added me to. If I hadnt asked the week previous and been told it was not another family fine, but quit lying. Buffet is my go to place. 

How can I make Group Reservations for activity, spa, dining and shore excursions? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Above is the link from the RC website, but nothing special in the instructions - either call them or book through the cruise planner.  You can give it a go on the cruise planner if you can link up the reservations to yours, but not sure if it will allow for that many.  I'd give them a call and see if they can assist but even if they set things up and tell you you're good to go, I'd also make sure to get with one of the dining folks as soon as you board to make sure.  Good luck!

There isn’t going to be a table large enough for 20-24 in the MDR. Assuming 24 people (for example) I would link the reservations together in groups of 8. I would also request if the 3 groups could be seated at tables near each other.   

When linking reservations, I would only do it over the phone. If you link reservations on the website, everyone who is linked together can see each other’s information online. 

• Like 1

My group was 6, so definitely not a very large group. But it was two linked cabins, and even though I thought I had linked us in Cruise Planner on the website (it showed that I had), when we got on the ship, my App had the reservation for 4, but my parents' didn't have anything.

So we went to the maitre d' that afternoon and they fixed it for us. It was fine by the time we got to dinner that night.

But it's much easier to switch a table for 4 to a table for 6. Quite a bit more complicated to get three tables for 8 right next to one another, because you're going to change everyone else's tables if it wasn't already set up. So I would definitely call in and speak to someone in advance.