Porters at Marco Polo ( Venice) water taxi pier?

Treasure Hunter

We are getting off the Connie tomorrow in Ravenna and taking a car service / water taxi to our hotel in Venice. We are taking a water taxi the next morning to the airport. It is 20 minutes and the most direct way to get to the airport even though it is 130Euros. We are elderly. Has anyone found porters at the pier to help get the luggage to departure ( Delta terminal one)? I think it is a ten minute complicated trip with walkways and elevators. Ugg

Since there has been no response, I'll offer the following: 10 years ago, we used Alilaguna to get from the airport to our hotel, which was right on the Blue Route.  It was about a 10 minute walk from the terminal to the dock area, over a paved walkway.  Many people were doing the walk with their luggage; I don't remember seeing any porter service being used.  I know from Google Maps that the dock area has changed from what it was back in 2013, but I believe this is still the closest water location.

We just used a water taxi from the airport to our hotel a couple weeks back. We transported our own luggage. I do not remember seeing any porters when we arrived at the water taxi location, but then I was not looking. It is a bit of a walk. 

From the water taxi you go up escalators then it is now a new covered walkway with some travelators.  Travelator… walk… travelator … walk… then down escalators into the terminal. Takes about 10 minutes. 

As you are elderly have you factored actually getting in and out of the boat 🚤?  Why don’t you take the aero bus from Piazzale Roma which will drop you tight outside the airport terminal?  

I was there a couple weeks ago, there were no porters but my water taxi driver found me a luggage cart.   It's a 10ish minute walk from the dock to the terminal.

I made this video of the walk.  I cut a lot out for length but this is the route/walk in real time from the dock to the terminal.  Carts are not allowed on the moving sidewalk, and actually you can't get them around the metal barriers but if you just have luggage, you're fine.

Edited by megr1125
  • Thanks 1