Joy question for recently sailed

bjtravelnews

Hello everyone,  Sailing on the Joy June 18th from NY.  For those of you who have recently sailed, can you tell me what dining areas were open for lunch on embarkation day?  Also is the ship back to full muster drills, or just reporting to muster station to have card scanned?    TIA!

I'm sailing the Joy in July and have been researching this too. I hear that if you don't want to deal with crowns, go to Taste or Savor. anything else with be crowded. It used to be that The Local was the unknow gem of embarkation but then everyone heard that and now, not so much.

• Like 1

Sailed in April, 1 of the main dining rooms will be open for lunch, as well as buffet, and the Local. The Haven Restaurant will also be open for Haven guest and also American Diner ( Free for Haven guest on the first day.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acct1975 said:

I'm sailing the Joy in July and have been researching this too. I hear that if you don't want to deal with crowns, go to Taste or Savor. anything else with be crowded. It used to be that The Local was the unknow gem of embarkation but then everyone heard that and now, not so much.

You will be most likely be told when checking in and then when you get on the ship is the buffet is open. For whatever reason I've never heard then say a dining room is open. I guess they try to steer everyone to the buffet