Equipment in the gym on Jupiter

Camden lady

Haven't been on Jupiter but all are supposed to basically be alike.  Imho they are well equipped for a cruise ship.  Machines and free weights, treadmills (6 if I remember right) Recumbent bikes, steppers, floor mats and resistance bands for yoga I'm guessing.  And showers and lockers are right next door in the spa pool area.  Biggest problem I had was getting up and going down there before I started eating and imbibing...🍹

On Jupiter now.

My sister will be going to gym this morning and will report back.

What specifically would yo like to know besides machines and free weights?

I  only look at the gym in passing to the spa. 😂

Edited by Azulann

3 hours ago, Kiwi Dreamer said:

From the Viking Mars just last month

IMG_5388.jpeg

IMG_5387.jpeg

IMG_5389.jpeg

Yes, same as the Jupiter. My sister said it is a very good fitness  center with variety of machines , free weights and benches. A personal trainer  is available. the Daily stated a basic Yoga class available  from 8:00 -8:50 am . Need to sign up.  A  full  promenade open deck for walking or running is on deck 2. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses and pictures.  Looks like it is well equipped for a cruise ship.  I usually do a bike warmup, chest press, lat pulldown, rowing machine, leg press, body weight squats and then some free weights.  Think I can get everything...now if you know where they keep the motivation..I will be all set.  🙂

• Like 2

Thank you for this question.  When we booked our first Viking cruise, our Viking consultant told me the gym on Mars had kettlebells.  Can anyone confirm Viking ships have kettlebells in the gym?  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

Not to hijack the post but does anyone know if they have pool noodles and/or dumbbells in the spa or pool area? I will be sailing six weeks after a knee replacement and need to do my exercises.

Currently on Orion. Haven't seen either of those in the pool or spa. You could maybe bring some thera-bands (or similar) to use in the pool?