Konsingdam Captain

vino100

After writing my review of the konsingdam, I realized I left out mentioning the Captain. 
before the cruise started, my 3 year old great grand son said he wanted to meet the Captain. I really didn’t think this would happen, but sure enough it did. 
the Caption was sitting in the Ocean Bar as we were going to Club Orange. When we arrived, we asked Dani our server if he thought we could let our g grandson meet the Captain. He personally went and asked the Captain.The Captain told him to send him over. Our g grand son and g granddaughter marched themselves over to meet the nicest man. He shook their hands and had a nice conversation with them. His wife even offered to take our picture. 
now this is what a call a great Captain. So appreciate.

• Like 10

Yes, he is a great captain! We got an unplanned impromptu one-on-one Q&A w/him in Dec when we ran into him near the Future Cruise Desk one evening. 

He graciously answered our questions and seemed genuinely appreciative of our positive ravings about his great crew!!

Hope to see him again in Dec when we're once again on the Koningsdam. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Loved this story, something the children will always remember.

So what's the Captain's name?

I wish I remembered, hopefully someone reading this will let us know. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vino100 said:

I wish I remembered, hopefully someone reading this will let us know. 

I'll go look - give me a min...or 2.

Ok, something I found says it was Frederik Carsjens. When I'm able to pull out the passport journey sticker, I will double check that and update.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, vino100 said:

Sorry about the double picture. My first time adding pictures. This is my g grandson with the Captain. 

Yeah yeah - it's just such a great picture, you wanted everyone to see more of it cuz once is not enough, lol!

6 minutes ago, decrepit old man said:

Nope. It's Captain Robert-Jan Kan

https://www.captainalbert.com/current-captains-and-their-schedules/ this is where I found Frederick Carsjens, which doesn't sound familiar, but I'm going to look at the passport journeys sticker to be sure. Robert Jan Kan is there now, but I was talking about my previous 2 Koningsdam cruises, the most recent of which was Dec 2022.

Likely, she has had 2 awesome captains!!

59 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

https://www.captainalbert.com/current-captains-and-their-schedules/ this is where I found Frederick Carsjens, which doesn't sound familiar, but I'm going to look at the passport journeys sticker to be sure. Robert Jan Kan is there now, but I was talking about my previous 2 Koningsdam cruises, the most recent of which was Dec 2022.

Likely, she has had 2 awesome captains!!

I was on the same cruise as the OP. The captain was Robert-Jan Kan. I loved listening to his announcements. He has a great voice

Edited by decrepit old man
  • Thanks 1

Well, speaking of former Kdam Nav officers, I really miss Staff Captain Sabine!  She quit HAL a couple of years ago to become a harbor pilot in her native Germany.  We got friendly because we both ride motorcycles (well, I rode before I got old) and also because I was a pilot (airplane, not harbor) and she is planning to take flying lessons.  Perhaps some day HAL will have another lady Nav officer.

• Like 1