3 ports which one for an excursion

layteacher

We will be porting at Halifax, St. John New Brunswick, and Portland. If you wanted to do an excursion at one of them which would it be? Which excursion? We are ok just walking around town (shopping and eating) but thinking about an excursion at one of them. We mostly just want to see the fall foliage and scenery. TIA

I would suggest you do a tour in Halifax. One of the best I and many others can recommend is the Halifax Titanic Historical Tour with Paul McNeil....just an amazing tour Paul offers. Book this tour quickly as this is one that sells out fast !

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanBound said:

St. John New Brunswick... do a tour that include the Bay of Fundy.

If the OP decides this port is better ?? Then I suggest Dave's Taxi Tours. I'm still recommending it be Halifax though.

• Like 1

Portland is definitely walkable without an excursion, so I recommend not Portland. There is so much good food, a lovely promenade along the water, and option for an inexpensive boat ride on the harbor via the mail boat runs. 

• Like 1

I am also thinking Bay of Fundy.  Portland walkable.  An excursion in Halifax is nice to Peggy's Cove or another town.  However, if you want to put on your walking shoes in Halifax, it is doable.

• Like 1