Cannot get in touch in Travel Agent. Carnival won't allow me to make changes without TA.

ohshin

Wish there were more honest posts such as this. So many get scammed into thinking they must use a TA to book a cruise and that couldn't be further from the truth. So much easier to book on your own. Sorry op you are experiencing this. 

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Have you read the boards on cruisecritic.com where people are happy with their TA? And remember someone who has a complaint is much more likely to post that than someone who received excellent service.

Have you read the complaints on these boards from people who directly booked with a cruise line rather than using a TA?

You do remember this thread was started by someone who seems to have a bad TA?

11 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

You do remember this thread was started by someone who seems to have a bad TA?

Obviously, not all TAs are at the top of their profession. And if you call the cruise line directly to make a booking, do you think all their phone representatives are excellent?

Every profession has those who are not the best. When you go see a doctor, do you realize half of hem graduated in the lower half of their class, some even at the very bottom just making it out of school.

38 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Obviously, not all TAs are at the top of their profession. And if you call the cruise line directly to make a booking, do you think all their phone representatives are excellent?

Every profession has those who are not the best. When you go see a doctor, do you realize half of hem graduated in the lower half of their class, some even at the very bottom just making it out of school.

Why would I use someone at the bottom of their profession?

On 6/13/2023 at 8:39 PM, ohshin said:

I am unable to get in touch with our travel agent with whom we booked a Carnival cruise.  I need to make some changes to our passengers and tried calling Carnival directly.  Carnival said I cannot make any changes and that I must go through my travel agent.

What can be done?  FWIW, the Travel Agent was extremely responsive when booking the cruise but now only responds every 2 weeks at best (I am currently ghosted).

Thank you.

Isnt that funny how that works, sorry i wish i had better news for you.

22 hours ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

So, OP, did you ever get this matter resolved?  Please let us get back on topic.

Unfortunately, no. 

I may have to make a separate thread:  If one of the passengers is a "no show", and I booked through this travel agency, how do I get the taxes/fees refunded?  Call Carnival?  What if they won't talk to me and only will talk to my TA?  Will the $ get refunded to my TA or to my credit used with the TA?

24 minutes ago, ohshin said:

Unfortunately, no. 

I may have to make a separate thread:  If one of the passengers is a "no show", and I booked through this travel agency, how do I get the taxes/fees refunded?  Call Carnival?  What if they won't talk to me and only will talk to my TA?  Will the $ get refunded to my TA or to my credit used with the TA?

That’s actually quite an easy question. If someone is a no show, their port fees and taxes get refunded to the form of payment used to pay them in the first place. Happy sailing! 

• Like 1