captain's club laundry discount?

trinitygirl

On the list of Select captains club discounts, it says that I am entitled to one bag of laundry at a discounted price, but it does not say what the price is.  I can pre-pay for a bag of laundry online, for the price of AUD $78.96 (roughly $50 USD), which it says is discounted 18% down from what is roughly $60 USD.  So my question is, does anyone know what the price is for the CC discount?  I can see in the terms and conditions that i have to ring to have the CC discount applied but thought i might be able to save myself some time by asking here first - if the discount is the same then I may as well just buy online.

many thanks if you have this information at hand,

Emma

7 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

On the list of Select captains club discounts, it says that I am entitled to one bag of laundry at a discounted price, but it does not say what the price is.  I can pre-pay for a bag of laundry online, for the price of AUD $78.96 (roughly $50 USD), which it says is discounted 18% down from what is roughly $60 USD.  So my question is, does anyone know what the price is for the CC discount?  I can see in the terms and conditions that i have to ring to have the CC discount applied but thought i might be able to save myself some time by asking here first - if the discount is the same then I may as well just buy online.

Emma

As you may already know, the discounted bag of laundry--for Select passengers--is only available for cruises of 12 nights or longer.

My information is old and so hopefully some one with recent experience can comment.  Not too long ago (5 years?) Celebrity used to put the Captains Club benefits on a physical sheet of coupons.  Here is the sheet for Select members on a 12 night or more cruise: link

I have put a screenshot of the laundry coupons below in this post.  You can see that the laundry perk included a bag of laundry for $20.

image.thumb.png.7eb54c3fdaf0d33ccb956cce9341b2b4.png

• Like 1

I haven’t seen the sheet of coupons in a number of years. 
There has been a list of CC benefits and date, time and location of events in our cabin on each sailing.

I believe items that formerly had coupons ( drinks, laundry gelato, match play) are now loaded on your sea pass card.

25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I haven’t seen the sheet of coupons in a number of years. 
There has been a list of CC benefits and date, time and location of events in our cabin on each sailing.

I believe items that formerly had coupons ( drinks, laundry gelato, match play) are now loaded on your sea pass card.

Yes, you are of course correct.  However the OP is asking how much the Select laundry discount is in order to make an informed purchasing decision before the cruise.  The Captains Club list of benefits do not say what the discount actually is.  The coupons are the only documentation that I have that show what it was. 

Do you know what the discount is?

Edited by mahdnc

Thank you both!  That’s so helpful.  A ten percent on board discount is less than the 18% pre purchase discount so that would make the decision easier.  However, I did not know that it only applied to 12 night+ cruises - it doesn’t say that so there must be fine print I missed. I am onboard for 14 nights but its a back to back so likely won’t apply.  I will call and check.

Does anyone have a current price list for laundry services , as Im now in the category Elite I expect some freebies with my new status .

Heading off on silhouette soon so anyone on/off board with any info that would be great .

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, hobgoblin said:

Does anyone have a current price list for laundry services , as Im now in the category Elite I expect some freebies with my new status .

Heading off on silhouette soon so anyone on/off board with any info that would be great .

Thanks in advance 

IMG_4176.jpeg

28 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

What about the free bag for Elite members? Last summer, I was Elite and got the free bag.  This year, my wife caught up and she is also Elite. Do we get two bags of laundry? This will be on a 12 night sailing.

You and your wife will each get one free bag of laundry.  On 12 night sailings or longer, both of you will additionally receive a discounted bag of laundry as well.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

However, I did not know that it only applied to 12 night+ cruises - it doesn’t say that so there must be fine print I missed. I am onboard for 14 nights but its a back to back so likely won’t apply.  I will call and check.

Here is a link to the Captains Club benefits brochure.  The chart notes the discounted bag of laundry for Select and Elite being only applicable for 12 night sailings or longer.

You can also see the "10% off one-time use laundry service" available to Classic and Select which should be applicable to getting a bag of laundry done.  However as you said, the discount in your Cruise Planner is better than that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kayakcove said:

What about the free bag for Elite members? Last summer, I was Elite and got the free bag.  This year, my wife caught up and she is also Elite. Do we get two bags of laundry? This will be on a 12 night sailing.

you also each get 2 items pressed and one item dry cleaned

On our recent Edge sailing a bag of laundry was $60. We could not get the $20 price because the sailing was only 7 nights. I think $60 is too much. We did a small hand wash. In the past with Princess we used the laundry room, which is a nice option.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RobertoF said:

On our recent Edge sailing a bag of laundry was $60. We could not get the $20 price because the sailing was only 7 nights. I think $60 is too much. We did a small hand wash. In the past with Princess we used the laundry room, which is a nice option.

Having access to a passenger laundry room is a great convenience. At least with Princess, I can do items with the appropriate water temp and use an iron to touch up the wrinkles. Recently, we were on Azamara, and their ships offer FREE laundry including detergent pods! How I wish Celebrity would offer something similar. Those prices are absurd! When my "send out laundry" cost exceeds the bar bill, something is wrong!

Darcy

On 6/13/2023 at 10:19 PM, trinitygirl said:

Emma

I just did a 12 night cruise.  The cost for select was $20 a bag.  Be sure to write “select” on your laundry slip. My husband and I each had one bag.  We rolled our clothes before placing them in the bag to fit everything 

Edited by yogini06
  • Like 2

Hi. We just got off 12-nite Eclipse May 21st.  I had pre-purchased a discounted bag online for $49.  We got to the cabin and there was a sheet noting CC benefits for my Select CC level that included that bag for $20!  I promptly cancelled my pre-purchased bag with guest services.  The credit showed up a day or so later.  All good.  I had pre-purchased originally as a just in case the discount onboard wasn't great.  I did not pursue a second bag under DH's number.  Only had enough I was willing to chance with them to fill one bag anyhow.  They shrank just one of my pairs of sneaker anklets.  Has happened before.  Maybe it's the anklet's fault 🙂

• Like 1