Genie?

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not through Royal.  Some FB groups may track Genies, at least current assignments.  I'm not sure anyone knows of future crew assignments.  

I was afraid that that would be the answer.  Thanks!

GENIE LIST:
Currently on Ships:
Allure: Romina , Alan R, Monica, (May - Aug),
Anthem: Wendy, Elizabeth, Carlos Apolonio (vac in Sept then to Serenade Nov), Alexa (until July)
Harmony: Marla (through Aug), Berty, Hossain
Icon (rumors): Izzy(Jan), Marla, Anna
Oasis: Shane, Anna, Leticia, Derick, Allan F
Odyssey: Karl, Sergii
Ovation: Dexter, Leroy, Joyce, Rahul (until Aug)
Quantum: Hailey, Nicol,
Serenade-World Cruise- Carlos November
Spectrum: Yin Tao & Peng Yu, Stepan
Symphony: Hugo (leaving/left??), Sunil, Agostina, Reyno
Wonder: Hannah, Claudio, , Izzy (leaving June), Nityam
Currently on Vacation:

Name/Ship left/Date
Andrei / Symphony)

Andres (Andy) /Harmony)
Bao/ Symphony)
Carlos Apolonio
Carlos de Souza /Anhtem
Eli Wong/Odyessy
Izzy/Wonder/Jun
Ghandi/Anthem
Jay/Allure/May through August
Junior/Oasis/Feb
Luciano/Harmony/June coming back Aug
Raj /Harmony/April
Smitha/Allure/Jun
Yen/Quantum/Jun
Jay/Allure/Aug
Simona /Wonder/May

Nice to see that Joyce is still around.  I hadn't heard her name at all since the restart - likely b/c she is on Ovation.  I used to know most of the Genies.  Now I know very few of them.  So many more than there used to be !

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Join Star group on FB

I have been on there.  I asked the same question, shortly after asking it here, and got an answer right away and a link to the page that a guy has started.  Very helpful.   I just hope people update it regularly.  

#genie gets you there.

37 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

It would be nice to know when genies take vacations and then be back.  We will be on Harmony Oct. 8 and would be interested in know which genies would be on then.

The FB reference mentioned above does a good job of answering most of that, although Oct 8 is kinda far away.  You may need to check back with that site later to find out.  Just like my next Star Cruise in Jan 2024.

I know it is far away.  But for someone who likes to plan it is nice to know waaaay ahead of time.  I constantly check back for that kind of information.  There are just so many genies and we have only had one genie more than one time.  It is nice to meet and have new ones but also nice to try to get one you know again.  Looking forward to Harmony in October.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know it is far away.  But for someone who likes to plan it is nice to know waaaay ahead of time.  I constantly check back for that kind of information.  There are just so many genies and we have only had one genie more than one time.  It is nice to meet and have new ones but also nice to try to get one you know again.  Looking forward to Harmony in October.

Yep, we are like that too.  Hell, my wife starts packing months out.  I hate not knowing something like that.  But, it is what it is!  We are also going on the Harmony but in Jan.  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

I doubt even Royal knows what they are doing that far out.

What difference does WHICH genie you have affect your plans in any way?

4 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

I never said it affected my plans nor which genie we might get.  I was just curious which genies might be on the ship when we sail.  Did not think there would be a problem with that thought.  Sorry you seem offended.

not offended, the way you phrased your question "But for someone who likes to plan it is nice to know waaaay ahead of time." it seemed like the information was needed for something. was curious what you might be planning

I actually plan nothing, that is what the genie is for.  I just know some of the genies and I know they sometimes change ships so it is good to know which ship they are on, maybe one we would be on and I could request them.  

7 hours ago, acuprulez said:

What difference does WHICH genie you have affect your plans in any way?

It could make a big difference to some folks.  Some people chase/follow CDs around, they have their favorites and book according to who the CD is.  Some chase/follow Captains.  My wife and I have our favorite Genie (Marla) and there are a few that we don't want to experience a second time, not that they were bad, just not great.  So, if Marla or a Genie we haven't experienced before was on a ship that we were thinking of booking on with the itinerary we wanted, at the time frame we are looking at, you bet your A we'd book with that cruise.  So, choosing a ship may have a lot to do with who the scheduled Genie is.  That's one reason I started this thread.  If the next cruise that we have booked has a Genie that we've already experienced and/or isn't the best, we would probably ask for a Genie that we haven't experienced.