Island Princess cancelled Fox News & MSNBC

travelers07

3 hours ago, travelers07 said:

Thanks Charles but I have done European, Australian, Canadian cruises in the past year and all have had both those channels. CNN was dropped by both cruise lines a few years ago when they changed their satellite and raised the price- per tech people on Princess. 

When we stayed in London we did not have those chanels available on our hotel tv.

4 hours ago, travelers07 said:

Thanks Charles but I have done European, Australian, Canadian cruises in the past year and all have had both those channels. CNN was dropped by both cruise lines a few years ago when they changed their satellite and raised the price- per tech people on Princess. 

4 hours ago, msmoger said:

It's been a long time since there was any CNN offering on any Princess cruise I have been on.  This includes Europe, TA, Caribbean, Alaska and Australia/NZ.  All of them offered Fox and MSNBC.

As I understand it, no one watches CNN anymore.  They probably have as many viewers in Canada as US these days.

4 hours ago, travelers07 said:

Right now, it is not about getting the news as much as the noise/anxiety help. My problem- hoping it gets better. 

Just so I'm understanding this correctly -- you need to watch Fox News or MSNBC on a cruise for 'anxiety help'?  And only those specific channels will satisfy your 'noise/anxiety help'?  

This is truly a first for me on this board.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Just so I'm understanding this correctly -- you need to watch Fox News or MSNBC on a cruise for 'anxiety help'?  And only those specific channels will satisfy your 'noise/anxiety help'?  

This is truly a first for me on this board.  

I think the anxiety comes from watching each channel back and forth and hearing two different versions of the same story.  🤣

• Like 2

6 hours ago, travelers07 said:

Yes, that is what I am doing. But I sure would like to know what Princess has planned for the future. I have other cruises booked and StarLink may not work everywhere. 

Right now, it is not about getting the news as much as the noise/anxiety help. My problem- hoping it gets better. 

Noise/anxiety help? Why won’t some other news channel’s do the same? I am afraid you are out of luck on Fox News in Europe. Princess didn’t cancel the Fox. Fox has geo blocked their stream in Europe. Probably MSNBC too. So the server Princess is using is locating the ship in Europe.  Possibly some ships you were on outside  the US were using a server located in the US. If you have the right VPN and choose a US you probably can stream them on your own devices.  

Edited by Charles4515

3 hours ago, Aexboeingdriver said:

On the Seaborn Venture- we still have Fox News, MSNBC and CNBC.

That is nice but you are sailing Greenland right? Apparently Fox and MSNBC geo bock their streams in some regions. OP is sailing in a different region. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I think the anxiety comes from watching each channel back and forth and hearing two different versions of the same story.  🤣

No, you usually hear two totally different stories since neither covers things that they do not like.

OP here. Thanks to all who supplied factual info on the current channels offered on Princess ships. That is very helpful for my meeting today. I dislike being told “because shoreside said so.”

As I originally said, this is my problem and I was not seeking opinions. Cruise Critic has helped me so much over the years and I have always tried to be positive and helpful to other cruisers. 

I don’t want to overshare but please understand this was not about the political divisions around now. Safe travels to all!