Deposits for Azamara Cruises

DCThunder

Apologies in advance if the answer to this question is on the website somewhere, but what is the deposit policy on booking an Azamara cruise?  I'm totally new to Azamara and am looking at a cruise in October 2024 and from what I can see, the website is asking for full payment at time of booking.  Is that normal?  I'm reluctant to tie up a lot of money for over 16 months by pre-paying, obviously.

Thanks for any information/advice.

I am also new to Azamara, having just booked two cruises with them.  This is the stated policy on their website for USA.

Cruise Payment & Cancellation Terms | Azamara Cruises

I booked through a website travel agency and they are actually requiring final payment a few weeks before Azamara, which is fine with me.

I usually get Charged $1,100 deposit for two people up to a P1.  The upper level suites are more. For an Owners Suite my deposit was $2,200.  The new web site may be asking for the full amount but that's not required.  Probably a trick to get more money out of you early.

However I wouldn't book directly.  I'd try to find a travel agent or two and see what the most cash rebate or refundable OBC they'd offer you.  Make them compete for your cruise.  It's above and beyond anything Azamara would be including in the booking.  Just make sure the TA doesn't charge you a fee for changing reservations or cancelling on top of Azamara's cancellation fee..

Edited by ChucktownSteve