Orange Party

TGCRUISEO

1 hour ago, TGCRUISEO said:

Are the cocktails included in the drink package?

The ones I saw were. The standard $11/$15 limits applied. 

I didn’t see a lot of announcement about the Orange Party until the day of. Nothing I saw in the app, on any signs, or any other announcements, either before the trip or once on board, and nothing stating which night it would take place until day off. I talked to a bunch of people who simply had no idea the Orange Party was even a thing, and they felt kind of left out because they hadn’t brought anything orange with them.

On our (two) recent Koningsdam cruises, I was aware of one Orange party (but not the other although I was on the Navigator frequently) -- it was 'celebrated' at 9pm and so close to our bedtime! Also I forgot our orange things...

• Like 2

Recently on the Volendam there was an Orange Party about once a week. I was on three segments, a total of 32 days. As others mentioned there was no advance notice but it was posted on the Daily program. In the early evening tables were set up with displays of orange drinks and some decorations. The shops had orange items for sale. The parties had a good turnout and were a huge hit. Many enjoyed the line dancing. Sometimes it was hard to find a place to sit. The bars were hopping. I had my DH but an orange tie and I had an orange top and an orange feather hair clip. Lots of fun!

• Like 1

What exactly is the "Orange Party"? It doesn't sound like it would usually be my jam but I have a vintage 1970s orange and gold evening gown and it seems like this might be one of the only occasions I could have an excuse to wear something so ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ExpatBride said:

What exactly is the "Orange Party"? It doesn't sound like it would usually be my jam but I have a vintage 1970s orange and gold evening gown and it seems like this might be one of the only occasions I could have an excuse to wear something so ridiculous!

I think it’s really whatever you want it to be. I didn’t partake in any of the later evening partying down at the music venues, but I thoroughly enjoyed people watching earlier in the evening, looking at all the various orange clothing and accessories. My teenage nephew hung out with his friends on the ship, and I’m not sure where they spent their time, but they were all decked out with orange glowstick necklaces and bracelets, feather boas, etc. and looked to be having a grand time in the photo they had taken.

I’d say bring the dress and at least enjoy wearing it to dinner that evening. 😁

• Like 2

On our most recent cruise, we simply wore orange t shirts with black pants.( Orange is one of our state college colors so very easy to find).The party was crowded and everyone was having a great time. There was a wide variety of orange outfits. We are looking forward to the next party....

7 minutes ago, TGCRUISEO said:

Orange is a special color for the Dutch

I know. My best friend lives in Amsterdam. I'm more interested in the practicalities of the onboard party, which obviously isn't (or shouldn't be) a patriotic occasion.

31 minutes ago, ExpatBride said:

I know. My best friend lives in Amsterdam. I'm more interested in the practicalities of the onboard party, which obviously isn't (or shouldn't be) a patriotic occasion.

I don’t think it has to be too heavy handed of a “patriotic occasion” but more of a fun tradition to celebrate a different culture. Kind of like wearing green on St Patrick’s day - you don’t have to be Irish to get in on the fun and enjoy the parties 

• Like 4