Singapore Hotel - Late check in

patty1955

On 6/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, patty1955 said:

Can someone recommend a reasonably priced Singapore hotel that allows late night/early morning check-in. Our flight lands at 12:10 AM, so we expect to get to the hotel around 2:00 am

On 6/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, patty1955 said:

Can someone recommend a reasonably priced Singapore hotel that allows late night/early morning check-in. Our flight lands at 12:10 AM, so we expect to get to the hotel around 2:00 am

Also interested arrive 2/2024 from Los Angeles 

I'm not sure what reasonably priced means to you, but I fly in to Singapore several times each year on like a 12am arrival. As long as I book for that night (i.e. if I arrive at 12:01am on Saturday morning, I book a hotel starting Friday) and let them know a couple days before what I am doing, I have never have a problem. I usually stay either at Quincy Hotel (on Mt. Elizabeth) or a Hilton-brand hotel. 

Also, Singapore as a whole is super efficient...if you land at 12:10am, even with immigration and luggage, you should be at your hotel well before 2am. 

Edited by Zach1213
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 1:12 AM, Zach1213 said:

I'm not sure what reasonably priced means to you, but I fly in to Singapore several times each year on like a 12am arrival. As long as I book for that night (i.e. if I arrive at 12:01am on Saturday morning, I book a hotel starting Friday) and let them know a couple days before what I am doing, I have never have a problem. I usually stay either at Quincy Hotel (on Mt. Elizabeth) or a Hilton-brand hotel. 

Also, Singapore as a whole is super efficient...if you land at 12:10am, even with immigration and luggage, you should be at your hotel well before 2am. 

On 6/17/2023 at 2:38 AM, patty1955 said:

As @Zach1213 said you'll be fine if you book a hotel for that night. Our flight was similar and Singapore at 2 AM felt like any other big city's 10 PM to us, as in lots of people out and about still, enjoying restaurants etc.

2 minutes ago, skipsaur said:

As @Zach1213 said you'll be fine if you book a hotel for that night. Our flight was similar and Singapore at 2 AM felt like any other big city's 10 PM to us, as in lots of people out and about still, enjoying restaurants etc.

I booked a hotel that I really like (J8 Hotel) and they have a 24 hour reception. The email from my booking site said "This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival." I've seen a number of reviews that mention late night check-in but I can't get a confirmation that they allow it from the hotel. I've emailed and FB  them.

23 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I booked a hotel that I really like (J8 Hotel) and they have a 24 hour reception. The email from my booking site said "This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival." I've seen a number of reviews that mention late night check-in but I can't get a confirmation that they allow it from the hotel. I've emailed and FB  them.

I would definitely believe the hotel over the booking site! I emailed the hotel at reservations@j8hotel.com and got this reply a few hours later. Hope that helps!

Dear Sir / Madam

Our hotel reception is operating 24 hours.

Thank You

Warm Regards

F.O j8Hotel

3 minutes ago, skipsaur said:

I would definitely believe the hotel over the booking site! I emailed the hotel at reservations@j8hotel.com and got this reply a few hours later. Hope that helps!

Dear Sir / Madam

Our hotel reception is operating 24 hours.

Thank You

Warm Regards

F.O j8Hotel

I email to the same address and got no response. 

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 12:12 PM, Zach1213 said:

I'I fly in to Singapore several times each year

Have you ever flown Singapore Airlines?  I am flying from the USA.  I usually fly Delta, but their flights do not work timewise.  I have looked at Japan Airlines, ANA, United, and American.  Singapore Airlines has the best itinerary and prices.

1 hour ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Have you ever flown Singapore Airlines?  I am flying from the USA.  I usually fly Delta, but their flights do not work timewise.  I have looked at Japan Airlines, ANA, United, and American.  Singapore Airlines has the best itinerary and prices.

I've flown Singapore a couple of times, but I am an AA/Oneworld frequent flier so I usually get to Singapore on Cathay Pacific or JAL (or sometimes Qantas/BA/Qatar if I'm coming from somewhere else). The Singapore flights that I have flown are all regional (i.e. Jakarta, Bengaluru) and in business class, but were quite lovely with great service and good food. 

Edited by Zach1213

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 2:12 AM, patty1955 said:

The fact that they have 24-hour reception indicates that they are likely equipped to accommodate late-night arrivals. Anyway, I understand you want to confirm this. How about you call the hotel directly? Do they have a number provided on their website?

Regarding flights: I live in the DC area and agonized on how to fly to Singapore.  In the end, I decided to fly Qatar through their hub (Doha), although it's still 24 hours total from Washington DC.  But I was trying to find the best combination for my trip, which is to Singapore and back from Bangkok.

As for a hotel, these may be a little too reasonable, but they appear to be decent, in good locations, and reasonably priced: Quay Hotel and Hotel Mi Bencoolen.  But I don't know if they're open 24/7.

On 8/9/2023 at 8:55 AM, RetiredandTravel said:

There is actually a direct flight from Newark to Singapore on Singapore Air, its 19+ hours.  Anyone taken that?

My husband takes it for work and we are booked on it for our January cruise. It's an ultra long range A350 with only 161 seats in business and premium econ only

1 hour ago, russianmom said:

My husband takes it for work and we are booked on it for our January cruise. It's an ultra long range A350 with only 161 seats in business and premium econ only

Thank you.  Sounds like your husband is a good source of information.  I'm guessing he goes business class.  Understanding this is a tough question, how did he find the flight with that number of hours? Difficult place to get to.    Enjoy your vacation.

Edited by RetiredandTravel

9 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Thank you.  Sounds like your husband is a good source of information.  I'm guess he took business class.  Understanding this is a tough question, how did he find the flight with that number of hours? Difficult place to get to.    Enjoy your vacation.

He does take business class and even with the lay flat seats it's still very long and the jet lag is something else! Food service is good, they have a program called "book the cook" where you can pre-order from a lot of different meals. Large screen tvs with lots of entertainment. In flight wifi.

I'm not sure which is worse the JFK fight which leaves at night or the Newark flight which leaves in the morning ( we opted for Newark so we can spend New Years Eve in Singapore)

• Thanks 1