club suites vs suites

GORDONCHICK

We haven't sailed in a few years and the newest NCL ship we've been on is the Breakaway.  My husband is saying that club suites are the same as suites as far as the "extras" go, but I don't think so.  Besides extra room, what do you get when you book a club suite other than the cabin itself?

And yes, I searched but went through 2 pages of stuff that didn't pertain.

5 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

We haven't sailed in a few years and the newest NCL ship we've been on is the Breakaway.  My husband is saying that club suites are the same as suites as far as the "extras" go, but I don't think so.  Besides extra room, what do you get when you book a club suite other than the cabin itself?

A bag of laundry and two deliveries of "treats".   These cabins do not come with any of the perks associated with regular suites (except the Joy which has relatively no worthwhile perks).  

The club suites are usually booked for the extra space in the bathroom.

• Like 3

"club balcony suites" are not suites and suite benefits do not apply. you get a slightly larger room, to call it a "junior suite" would be generous. the big benefit is a larger bathroom. you also get a free bag of laundry and "treats" delivered to your room once or twice during a week long cruise. these are usually chocolate covered strawberries, plus a tray of cookies or cheese.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UKstages said:

the big benefit is a larger bathroom. you also get a free bag of laundry and "treats" delivered to your room once or twice during a week long cruise. these are usually chocolate covered strawberries, plus a tray of cookies or cheese.

... and a bottle of sparkling wine. The bathroom and slightly more living space is the main attraction for us.  Also, there are a bunch of non-connecting rooms (at least on deck 10).

14 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

... and a bottle of sparkling wine. The bathroom and slightly more living space is the main attraction for us.  Also, there are a bunch of non-connecting rooms (at least on deck 10).

The wine we always give away - or used to until we found out we could trade it in for something we would actually drink.  We already get a bag of free laundry.  This will probably be the first NCL cruise we go on where we aren't receiving treats every single day.  Over the years, we've known officers on board and they showered us with love, but I think most have either left sailing or NCL, some are in NCL HQ, etc.

4 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

The wine we always give away - or used to until we found out we could trade it in for something we would actually drink.  

I'm curious, what do you trade the wine for that you would actually drink?

2 minutes ago, Nilbog said:

I'm curious, what do you trade the wine for that you would actually drink?

A wine we like.  Not a fan of the sparkling wine.  We've also given them as part of an extra thank you to crew.  I can't have alcohol anymore due to medication so that's what we'd do now.

• Like 1

club balcony suites are now merely re-designed what was formally called mid-ship mini suites. on some ships, the cabins and their respective bathrooms have been slightly modified, but the square footage has more or less remained the same.  

specifically, you do not get the perks offered in a "suite" or haven suite. no butler, no specially designated area for breakfast and lunch, no treats or goodies brought every day, no priority boarding either on day of embarkation, or returning from an excursion, no concierge to guide you through.

simply, you get a nicer cabin in the club and that my friend is about all!

On some ships, if you do a club with large balcony on deck 8 the balcony is huge but is over looked above. I loved my deck 8 club suite on the bliss. Swung by the district for a drink or 2 and relaxed on the balcony. However apart from laundry and some treats and I nice spa shower it’s all you get. 

17 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Club Balcony rooms are the old Mini-Suites. Some Marketing genius decided that “mini” had a negative connotation, and that with a few perks, they could sell more of the expensive minisuites. 

So, rather than throw out “stuff”, let’s point you at the exact page with the room description. 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Distinctive Purple Keycard
  • Pre-book onboard dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing
  • 1 complimentary valet laundry
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • Treats delivered to your stateroom twice per week.

if you are on a new ship (Breakaway and beyond), a balcony and club room are about the same size. Period. The addition space would be in the bathroom where you get a double sink and bigger shower. 

On older, smaller ships, the room is actually bigger and nicer. 

For us, we always book club rooms for the bigger shower. As we have got older and less mobile, the space in the shower makes it easier on us. 

But, no, hubby, no private dining or butlers in club rooms