Can you walk from Doubletree Amsterdam to the cruise port?

I've seen this addressed and I've tried to search for it, but can't find it.  Is it possible to walk to the cruise port from the Doubletree Amsterdam at Centraal Station?  We will have two checked bags and probably two carry on bags.  We've stayed there before and took Uber to the port.  Although it was a very short distance, because of traffic it took us over 30 minutes, so I'm trying to avoid that.

Just left Amsterdam DoubleTree this morning (now in Paris). Watched Jewel of the Seas dock this morning.  

Assuming you will be dragging at least one checked bag, so a little laborious. But if you have no mobility issues,  yes, you can do it.

• 1 month later...

Yes you can! We did this last month in June  for our Fjords/Artic cruise.

To save yourself some time. Walk to the s100 highway. . From there it is a straight walk to the pier.

If you go the front of hotel way you have to walk over a bridge and up and down some stairs  and across the s100. (but some great views of the NEMO museum and the floating Chinese Sea Palace restaurant LOL)

Red is the route I would take.

Blue is the route we accidently took, we had to go across bridge up and down stairs and walk across the S100 and than back down to the pier.

On the way back we took the red route back to Amsterdam Central for out train ride to Belgium. Straight walk to train station!

image.thumb.png.536aacee3fb47a5f1a02514ce4471008.png

I circled the areas where you have to walk up and down stairs
image.thumb.png.e5d58808bcacba3d788d15aacb859158.png

Edited by alexgtp

We did this in June 2022.   Our GPS took us on Alex's blue route, and I don't recall stairs.  There is an outdoor elevator by the big stairway by the tracks (elevator is in the top red circle).    I don't recall stairs on the pedestrian bridge across the water, but I may be mistaken.   I recall it was an easy walk with luggage.

Either way, I would walk without luggage the night before for practice!   It is an easy and safe walk, but it is not real intuitive (ie, you can't see the ship as you walk there) and a bit off the beaten path.  

The doubletree is an excellent choice.  We had lots of cruisers there when we stayed.    5 min walk to train, 15 min walk to ship and much closer to city sites than the movenpick is.  

Just be careful of the pedestrian intersection in front of the hotel coffee shop (it was a starbucks last year, now it is a different coffee shop).   That intersection has pedestrians, bicycles (fast)  and cars (fast)  all in a tight space. 

Edited by CCJack

28 minutes ago, CCJack said:

We did this in June 2022.   Our GPS took us on Alex's blue route, and I don't recall stairs.  There is an outdoor elevator by the big stairway by the tracks (elevator is in the top red circle).    I don't recall stairs on the pedestrian bridge across the water, but I may be mistaken.   I recall it was an easy walk with luggage.

Either way, I would walk without luggage the night before for practice!   It is an easy and safe walk, but it is not real intuitive (ie, you can't see the ship as you walk there) and a bit off the beaten path.  

The doubletree is an excellent choice.  We had lots of cruisers there when we stayed.    5 min walk to train, 15 min walk to ship and much closer to city sites than the movenpick is.  

Just be careful of the pedestrian intersection in front of the hotel coffee shop (it was a starbucks last year, now it is a different coffee shop).   That intersection has pedestrians, bicycles (fast)  and cars (fast)  all in a tight space. 

After further recollection and tapping into my memory !!!        I do now also remember stairs on each end of  that pedestrian bridge, but only a few stairs.