Ultimate Ship Tour

loving2cruise

Hello,

Are they still offering the "Ultimate Ship Tour" on Princess?  I went on one in 2010 on the Caribbean Princess, and the ship was truly AMAZING!! 

The limit for the group was only 12 people per cruise. We toured the Kitchens, walk-in fridges, massive laundry area , engine room, printing press area where they make the daily activity sheets, enormous laundry area, backstage theater, the bridge with the Captain....etc. They had personalized gifts waiting for us when we got back to the cabin, including 2 beautiful bathrobes. 

It was a ship tour that I will never forget.  I am really HOPING they still offer it. The tour sign up was on a first come/first serve basis....so needless to say...as soon as we got on the ship..we RAN to the Guest Services to sign up..LOL

Edited by loving2cruise
added words

We were on the Crown in February to Hawaii. The Ultimate Ship Tour was listed in the Patter. We signed up for it with Customer Service. A few days later we got a call that it was cancelled. So I think they may start up again. We have been on 3 tours and loved them all!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phoebe2m said:

We were on the Crown in February to Hawaii. The Ultimate Ship Tour was listed in the Patter. We signed up for it with Customer Service. A few days later we got a call that it was cancelled. So I think they may start up again. We have been on 3 tours and loved them all!

That's great to hear, thanks!

• Like 1

We paid $150 each for the Ultimate Ship Tour but it is a 4-5 hour tour and you get goodies. We have been on 3 and they have been different. We have seen the bridge, galley, galley storage areas, theatre backstage, navigation room, engine room, laundry (really cool), printing press, and I-5 (I think that is what it is called. It's a wide hallway for crew only). Not every tour has included all these areas though. During the tour we got chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on the bridge. And in the galley we got snacks. After the tour there is a blue Princess bag with a bathrobe, notepad with our name on it, a photo of the group, and an apron. We each received the bag of goodies so definitely worth $150 though some people don't take the goodies home with them. The one area the tour doesn't go on is the crew quarters but one time we did go to the crew's dining area. If you get a chance go on the tour!

• Like 2

I was on the Ruby in April. One of the first things I did was ask guest services if the Behind the Scenes tour was available. They told me it was not and nobody knew when it would return. 

😞

• Thanks 1

I would like to have taken the UST.  But, all I wanted was a subset of it.  All I wanted to see was the bridge and maybe the engine room.  I didn't need or want most of the gifts included in the $150 charge.  

How about a Geek Ship Tour?  All that is shown are the bridge and the computer server room?  Gifts?  A USB flash drive in the shape of a Princess ship.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, damiross said:

A USB flash drive in the shape of a Princess ship.

I bought one of those after my first Princess cruise! 🙈 😂

Unlike most of my thumb drives I know EXACTLY what is on it! 😁

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BobAnne said:

I bought one of those after my first Princess cruise! 🙈 😂

Unlike most of my thumb drives I know EXACTLY what is on it! 😁

On  cruises, that's what was given to us as part of the photo package.  On the last cruise with a photo package, just got a regular flash drive.  What a bummer (and cheapness on the part of Princess).

• Like 1