Oceania’s new Simply More features

Kauai Cruiser

There are two very active conversations about the new program right here on the Oceania message board. One is up to 16 pages now. Lots of discussion and debate about Simply More. Perhaps someone who is good at posting links in a reply can point you to them. 

Simply put - starting 01JUL 23 for sailings beginning 01OCT23 - all sailings will include wine, beer, champagne during meal time at any dining area, a $$$ credit (amount based upon length of cruise) to be used toward any shore excursions, 2 WIFI accounts per cabin plus all of the other inclusions already available onboard any O ship.  The only option you will have when booking,  is to use O's air, which includes transfers, or to decline the included air and transfers and receive a discount on the cost of your cruise.  If you already have a cruise booked under O Life/cruise only or you book one prior to 01JUL23 , you will have the option of keeping your cruise as is or switching to the new program and paying the difference in pricing.  At this time, the only unknown is what the new pricing will be.   There is the possibility that O may tweak this, based upon response, prior to or after implementation of the new program.  If I have forgotten something, I am sure someone will post the additional information.

• Like 5

Competition is pushing cruise lines to look at their closest competition and try to match their offerings.  Not sure who is Oceania’s major competitor.   Likely Azamara or Viking.  Oceania, Azamara and Viking attract similar people.  While there are exceptions, they are full of older professionals, mostly retired, who have money. They usually are looking for deluxe accommodations, pleasant entertainment, superb dining, and excellent service.  They enjoy traveling in comfort.   The new changes seem make Oceania like Viking.  WiFi for everyone, drinks at lunch and dinner, money for excursions, tips not included, laundry room for self service no fees, and air with included transfers.  

• Like 1

I can see them adding the House select  beverage package  to entice people  to book

but  give the option to pick the excursion deal or not (for a fee)

It seems they  have trouble getting excursion or getting contractors that can do the description on the brochure

They cancel excursion for whatever reason

They are shortening port times 

so why would they force people into booking excursion they cannot guarantee will be available   even if they were "FREE"

JMO

Countdown is on   12 more days  to the big reveal 😃

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

so why would they force people into booking excursion they cannot guarantee will be available   even if they were "FREE"

Because it puts more money in their pockets and improves the bottom line.  Why else would they do it?  

• Like 1

I doubt there will be much of any change in the fares.  All the 'O Life' amenities are already priced into the current fares.  In fact, I'll wager the new fare will be equal to the difference between today's 'O Life without air' and 'Cruise Only".  (Several posters have explained how to calculate that amount)

Oceania has a very good idea how many people choosing O Life will take each of the 3 amenities and will have priced those costs into the current fare.

Oceania routinely raises prices every quarter, and they make no secret of it.  I think they will be making a big deal about adding benefits while changing rates only slightly, if at all.

Edited by golfguyhhi
clarifying wording

20 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

I doubt there will be much of any change in the fares.  All the 'O Life' amenities are already priced into the current fares.  In fact, I'll wager the new fare will be equal to the difference between today's 'O Life without air' and 'Cruise Only".  (Several posters have explained how to calculate that amount)

Oceania has a very good idea how many people choosing O Life will take each of the 3 amenities and will have priced those costs into the current fare.

Oceania routinely raises prices every quarter, and they make no secret of it.  I think they will be making a big deal about adding benefits while changing rates only slightly, if at all.

The main difference is that now you can opt out of O life, but you cannot opt out of Simply More. 

I like your optimism, but I believe we are going to see significant increase, more than oLife.

• Like 3

I’ll wait and see. We drink , so typically take the standard bev package, so no problem.

We booked zero (0) Oceania shorexs for this 14 day Vista cruise. If we were stuck with a $600 excursion credit, we would have chosen one (1) OE tour somewhere to do to eat up the credit. We would still have done the cruise. 

This cruise, on a brand new ship, is not sold out. Will get actual numbers tomorrow at repeaters party. NCLH needs additional revenues. Oceania is running continuous sales in an attempt to sell out cruises. Expect several new revenue enhancing features to come that may or may not be voluntary.

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I’ll wait and see. We drink , so typically take the standard bev package, so no problem.

We booked zero (0) Oceania shorexs for this 14 day Vista cruise. If we were stuck with a $600 excursion credit, we would have chosen one (1) OE tour somewhere to do to eat up the credit. We would still have done the cruise. 

This cruise, on a brand new ship, is not sold out. Will get actual numbers tomorrow at repeaters party. NCLH needs additional revenues. Oceania is running continuous sales in an attempt to sell out cruises. Expect several new revenue enhancing features to come that may or may not be voluntary.

Now I've got Tom Petty singing "way-ay-ting is the hardest part" in my head (not a bad thing).

Sometimes it will be easy to spend the shorex money (Sept. cruise we have 4 O shorex booked). I just booked the 4th today in case YWC 25% discount changes (don't panic! (Brits may snicker)). But sometimes I just want to be completely flexible and do things on the spur of the moment like we did on our recent cruise. I had short-lists of possibilities for each port and we did what we wanted when we wanted. We even cancelled a specialty reservation (gasp) because there was something we wanted to do more (Yay Nuggets!).