Rotterdam port to Amsterdam - transfer questions

After disembarking a HAL cruise in Rotterdam, I'd like to spend a few days post-cruise in Amsterdam.  I'm traveling solo and am concerned about managing my luggage on the train - one checked bag, one carryon.  Hiring a car transfer would be very pricey, since I'm covering the total cost.

I can post on my roll call about sharing transportation closer to departure (April), but would like a backup plan before booking airfare.  I thought of taking the ship airport transfer, then a taxi to my Amsterdam hotel for much less.  I'd also eliminate some steps - getting from port to Rotterdam train station then from Amsterdam train station to hotel.

Has anyone taken a ship to airport transfer without actually having a flight? Any other suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks.

More information here than on the Holland America thread, so I would be inclined to take a taxi from Rotterdam port to the Rotterdam Centraal station and train to Amsterdam Centraal station.  If you can manage your one checked bag and one carry on to/from the ship then there is not reason to not use the train.  

If you take the transfer to AMS it will probably be about €45 and a taxi from AMS to central Amsterdam will probably cost you about €70, so to me it is a 'no brainer' to go to Rotterdam Centraal and train.