Talking A Spouse Into A Cruise?

CBussey64

to Italy. He REALLY didn't want to go. We never knew how she got him to go until the other night.

We went out to dinner and they had a lot of wine.

Apparently to get her DH to go, she had to promiss that he would get lucky everytime he went into a church and had a tour. He had to have a picture taken in the church or at the entrance and the receipts for the entrance or a brochure, if they were seperated on different tours.

We laughed, her response was " I NEVER knew there were so many Churches in Italy".:confused:

So cd-tk isn't too far off in their response.:D

Dave:eek:

True story

This takes planning. For one cruise I reminded my wife that we were not getting any younger. For my last one I waited until the end of the period, when her hockey team was doing well. My first attempts for each one had been turned down. My T.A. gets quite a bang out of my efforts. I'm three ahead right now, but I will soon have to do some more planning! john

WOW. No needing to twist my arm ever. Are there any other vacations that come close to going on a cruise? I cannot find them. So our 6th family cruise is coming up in October....hehehehehe, our 5th one was in Jan...... but we are going a few months early to see how fal cruises are as compared to our usual jan ones. So if I love them, it will be a full year for cruise number 7 to come.

First, you have to figure out why he doesn't want to go. If he thinks it's too much money, show him how much you would spend doing "this vacation" compared to a cruise. If he thinks it would be nothing but spring breakers and drunks, show him the other side. On the other hand, if he thinks he would have to dress up for dinner nightly, let him know there are cruise lines that allow you to go more casual. If he thinks he would get seasick, have someone talk to him who has been on a cruise. Those ships don't rock like the little ones on a lake!

If all else fails, go with above, "It makes me horny!"

We are taking my son and grandchildren to Universal and Disney for 10 days. I was sitting at the computer one night and said. Honey do you remember last year on our first cruise we sat on the balcony overlooking to ocean and drinking coffee. He said Yea. I said how about those wonderful Pina Colatas that we had at sailaway. He said oh weren't they so good. I said yea, wouldn't it be nice if after having the kids for that 10 days it would be nice to go on a cruise and just relax and he said OH yea. That was all I needed the next day he came home from work and I said I did something bad today and smiled. He looked at me and smiled back and said you booked that cruise didn't you and I said YEA. He said great when are we going. That was that. We are leaving on July 8th on the CB. OH YEA.

Cathy p;)

For 2 years I tried to convince him to take a cruise. Had brochures,prices,even came close to booking a couple times but he always changed his mind. Every time a cruise magazine would come in the mail I would show him and tell him about the great food!(he loves to eat).Finally he reluctantly agreed to go on the Carnival Legend.He really did not think he would enjoy it but for once in my life I was able to tell him"I told you so" He was hooked from the moment he stepped on the ship.He fell in love with cruising. So just keep nagging until you get him on that ship!!

Laura

I'd always been interested in a cruise, but DH never seemed that interested. In 2004, he thought we should vacation in Ireland (which I'd love to do) - but with the exchange rate, it was way too expensive. I saw a newspaper ad for Carnival's 4 and 5-day cruises to Canada, and thought "maybe it's time." Right after that, I was in a doctor's office waiting room watching Love Boat reruns on TV Land, and said to myself "Yeah - It's time." I booked the cruise myself (although I told DH what I was doing). He still wasn't sure about it - right up until we boarded Victory, and he was hooked. He booked the next cruise a few weeks after we returned - and I had very little input in the decision! This will be our third cruise - and this time, both of us decided on it!

Try it...he just might like it...a friend of ours was not too fond of the whole cruise idea either. Till he cruised!!! Now we can't get him to consider any other type of vacation!!

Why does your DH think he WON'T like it? Now THAT might be the angle we can all help you with.....let us know!

I said "honey, we're going to Orlando to an airshow, do you want to go on a cruise while we're down there?" It worked, of course, it would have worked any way I'd asked it. If all else fails, tell him you're going without him to find out what it's all about. Most likely, he'll decide to go with you. If not, you can tell him how much he missed. Good luck with it.

My husband was not interested in cruising. My sister talked him into taking a disney cruise with all of our kids and my mom. It was a total of 12 people. He liked being with the family but didn't really like the ship. The weather wasn't really very good. The pools were closed due to bad weather and not many ports (4day cruise). Then about 5 years later I told him that it would be our last chance to go on a cruise with our girls before our oldest was married and he said o.k. We sailed the Grand and had 2 sea days. He loved it. Weather was great, lots to do good food etc. Now he is hooked. We go every spring break. And he is even taking an interest in cc and trying to help me plan where to go next time! Good luck (And telling him he may get lucky helped!!)

Just keep talking about it and driving him nuts with it, eventually he'll agree just to shut you up - at least that's what worked with me LOL! :D 44 more days!!!

that's exactly what I did! ;) We went on our first cruise last Feb, just came back from our second a couple weeks ago and our planning our third in Novemeber! HAPPY SAILING!!

I tried for over 10 years to talk my DH into taking a cruise. He stood firm that he would never get on a ship. It was his good friend Tom who talked him into it. Find out if any of his buddies have been on a cruise and see if they will do the dirty work for you and plant the seed....Cruising is the only way to go!

I took my DH on a one day trip...but I spent the money for a nice cabin...I had champagne sent to the room and really did it up well...It cost me over 200 dollars, but as we were lying in bed that evening hubby said, wow I could really get into this...we have been cruisin ever since!:)

Our conversation went something like this:

me: Dear, I want to go on a cruise for our next vacation

Him: Honey, I just came off of a six month cruise. I want NOTHING to do with ships for a long time.

Me: But it will be soooooo much better..

Him: Hah. prove it.

Me:.. well for starters.. the food will be better.. and you can actually take your time eating.

Him: Harrumpf.

Me: you'll get to sleep in a bed with more than 6 inches of headroom..

Him: *grumpy look*

Me: Coffee delivered to your stateroom in the morning that isn't sludge

Him: I like Navy coffee. Sludge is good for you.

Me: You can sleep as late as you want. No having to stand watch. Nap anytime

Him: Hmmmmmm.

Me: No planes landing on your ceiling a when you are trying to take a nap.

Him: tell me more*interested look on his face*

Me: Wine with dinner. Alcohol allowed on board.

Him: When do we leave?!

:rolleyes:

I, on pure impulse, booked a cruise during my lunch break at work. I advised my husband of it that evening. I asked "are you free the first week of April?" He hesitantly replied "ummm......yes?" and then I told him. His response? "really...is it refundable?" I replied "no" and then he said "ok, but you're packing"

Don't know if it'll work for you, because to tell the truth....I'm married to the most easy going man I've ever known:p

Sometimes ya gotta take the bull by the horns......... Oh yeah, pictures of what you'll be doing helps a lot! I bought him a book of tropical fish - he's memorized all of them, and is now more excited than I am, but then again, I'm the one having to pack!:D

For years all DH ever wanted to do was tour Europe by bus, plane, car, train - whatever. And we would be gone for a nearly a month and living out of 1 suitcase per person - ugh!

I got sick of it and while DH was at work one day, I went ahead and booked our first cruises - back-to-back on the Cunard Countess. When he got home he flipped out. I told him that we couldn't cancel as the entire cruise was already paid for and there were no refunds (he didn't know much about cruising then).

Once he was on the ship and took those first cruises - he was sold!

Well, the way it was with me, about 19 or 20 cruises ago I heard of a good one. It was on the Norway. I didn't try to talk my husband into it, I just went ahead and booked it on my own and paid for it by myself too. He was kinda ticked off (so much money) and threatened not to go. I told him if he didn't I'd go by myself or take my sister. Being the jealous Sicilian that he is, he grudgingly went along. Well, to make a long story short, he got totally hooked and when he gets bored here during the long NH winter, he has been known to get on the computer and "find" good cruises. I still pay for them, very happily, and he loves every single minute spent on board. To reward me, he treats me to a month in Florida and pays for that. Pretty good deal for both of us. Good luck!

Archived