What do Beer Folks think of the options on Enchanted?

bassmk

Hello there all beer connoisseurs! I just booked a cruise with my parents, and my dad is a beer guy. I think he likes IPAs, but drinks other stuff as well. (I'm not exactly sure of all of his particulars.)

What are your thoughts on the beer offerings on Enchanted? I've looked up bar menus and such but I don't know anything about beer. 

• Haha 1

I think the itinerary and embarkation port matter.  My last cruise, Panama Canal, they had a couple craft beers; Sam Adams Boston Lager and Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin. There were more foreign beers; Heineken, Corona, Peroni, Red Stripe. A true beer lover will not be excited by any of those. But I have sailed Norwegian and Royal Caribbean and it isn’t any better there.

However, I did drink a beer in every port and even snuck a few past the liquor wardens.  You can find good beer most everywhere if you look. Except mass market cruise ships.

• Like 1

There were a few decent offerings at some of the bars, but it was extremely hit or miss.  Often beers listed on menus weren't actually available.  Occasionally, the bar staff was unfamiliar with a beer even if we could see they had it (Chimay red label at salty dog really stumped them for some reason)

If Rolly is still working the retreat pool bar/take five bar when you're onboard, seek him out.  The retreat pool bar had a pretty good selection and Rolly was great about learning what we liked and making sure it was available.  

12 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Well don't drink beer. Think like it tastes like dirty dish water. Would rather have a dirty banana, instead.

I mean...HARD AGREE...but my dad is firmly in the beer camp.

13 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Well don't drink beer. Think like it tastes like dirty dish water. Would rather have a dirty banana, instead.

That's because you have been not been drinking good beer.

@bassmk asked for beer enthusiasts on this thread and we're here to help.

If all beer tasted like, let's just say a beer that has been in the news lately, I wouldn't drink beer either.

You say you like a Dirty Banana and live in SoCal? If you're at a BJ's brewery, ask for a skosh of their Tatonka Stout, a Russian (some say Imperial) Stout style. There's a B.J.'s in Murfreesboro, TN for bassmk too.

Let us know what kind of drink you like, and those who know beer here will tell you which kind of beer to try. Don't judge all beer by a style that has to be near freezing to be drinkable. Blech!

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is normally a couple of English brews (especially in Europe region?) and Guinness I believe.

Enchanted Princess now has O'Malley's Irish Pub off the Piazza on deck 5 which should have meant more beer options but so far that hasn't included Guinness for some reason! These were the beers/ciders they had on tap a couple of months ago...

image.thumb.png.a99eaf62a5c623acacb789f867c71451.png

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

That's because you have been not been drinking good beer.

@bassmk asked for beer enthusiasts on this thread and we're here to help.

If all beer tasted like, let's just say a beer that has been in the news lately, I wouldn't drink beer either.

You say you like a Dirty Banana and live in SoCal? If you're at a BJ's brewery, ask for a skosh of their Tatonka Stout, a Russian (some say Imperial) Stout style. There's a B.J.'s in Murfreesboro, TN for bassmk too.

Let us know what kind of drink you like, and those who know beer here will tell you which kind of beer to try. Don't judge all beer by a style that has to be near freezing to be drinkable. Blech!

LOL I hear ya! My dad is always having me try things but I just can't get into it. It's not my bag, but to be fair, my palate is NOT sophisticated. I miss out on most of the nuance that beer people (and wine people) pick up that makes it so enjoyable. It all kind of tastes the same to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dides said:

Enchanted Princess now has O'Malley's Irish Pub off the Piazza on deck 5 which should have meant more beer options but so far that hasn't included Guinness for some reason! These were the beers/ciders they had on tap a couple of months ago...

image.thumb.png.a99eaf62a5c623acacb789f867c71451.png

Did they actually have that Affligem blonde available?  That was one of the ones that was on the list but no one could find a few months ago.  It's such a good one for day drinking☺️

Just now, Fa-Li said:

Did they actually have that Affligem blonde available?  That was one of the ones that was on the list but no one could find a few months ago.  It's such a good one for day drinking☺️

It wasn't my picture so I couldn't say but you would assume it was available  - there's a live from thread just starting for Enchanted Princess so worth asking if they could confirm after they board on Saturday...