Insure My Trip? Not happy with quote.

zitsky

I have used them before and wanted a quote on a new policy.  

This time for about a $23,500 policy with cancel for any reason cruise plus air, I wasn’t too happy with the list of brokers.  I remember more choices.

My next step is to call Trip Insurance Store which I have used before.

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Maybe it is the CFAR rider which makes it 'not good', in terms of pricing???

bon voyage

No it’s not the pricing.  I have no problem paying a reasonable price for insurance.  It’s the selection of insurance companies since last time (which has been a while).  A few companies I don’t recognize.

• Thanks 1

Could be a business practice that IMT has decided that some companies they no longer choose to do business with. I know Steve at TIS has said so for his business model.

I imagine there could be many factors weighing in on a decision like this. From lowering commission rates to making the Terms and Conditions of a covered claim so onerous as to never pay a valid claim and the business no long wish to associate themselves or their clients to bad faith practices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Could be a business practice that IMT has decided that some companies they no longer choose to do business with. I know Steve at TIS has said so for his business model.

I imagine there could be many factors weighing in on a decision like this. From lowering commission rates to making the Terms and Conditions of a covered claim so onerous as to never pay a valid claim and the business no long wish to associate themselves or their clients to bad faith practices.

OK thank you for that.  Yes certainly maybe that is the reason.  I have a policy with Crum and Forster that I realized I got through Insure My Trip maybe as much as 2-3 years ago then shifted to different cruises when each one got canceled.  But right now I don't see Crum and Forster as a choice for a policy today.

I'll make some calls tomorrow and figure it out.

56 minutes ago, zitsky said:

OK thank you for that.  Yes certainly maybe that is the reason.  I have a policy with Crum and Forster that I realized I got through Insure My Trip maybe as much as 2-3 years ago then shifted to different cruises when each one got canceled.  But right now I don't see Crum and Forster as a choice for a policy today.

I'll make some calls tomorrow and figure it out.

Here's some information for you

C&F Travel Insured

11 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Here's some information for you

C&F Travel Insured

Oh yes.  I didn’t mean to say they don’t exist.  Just that a particular broker is not showing them as a choice.  Yes you can always contact them directly which I might certainly do.

55 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Oh yes.  I didn’t mean to say they don’t exist.  Just that a particular broker is not showing them as a choice.  Yes you can always contact them directly which I might certainly do.

What I'm alluding to is "maybe" since C&F acquired Travel Insured, they changed their business model and no longer sell Travel Insurance under the C&F name. They save the C&F name for the expensive stuff. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 2:40 PM, klfrodo said:

I know Steve does not offer the Allianz annual policy.  Do you know why?

On 6/26/2023 at 5:24 PM, Peteymil said:

I know Steve does not offer the Allianz annual policy.  Do you know why?

Hi Peteymil,

I've written about this in more detail on some of the other 7 Questions & Answers I've done here on CruiseCritic, but here are the basics:

In 2003 I was the 9th largest seller of Allianz's predecessor company Access America. Allianz bought them in 2012 and they are still located in Richmond, VA with the same underwriter.

In April 2003 I called Access America with a simple question about a claims procedure on a hypothetical pre-existing conditions claim, but they said "Oh, that won't be covered". I ended up in a 4 month intense discussion with them about their policy wording and interpretations of it. Even though at the end, I was right, I decided I wouldn't want to put anyone else through that so I stopped doing business with them on July 31, 2003. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I suspect they are still mad at me.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I will be doing a transatlantic cruise out of Barcelona at the end of October.  I missed the boat (not the ship :)) and did not buy travel insurance within the 10 -21 days after deposit as required by most companies to get the pre-existing conditions waiver so yesterday I bought the Geo-blue annual Trekker plan to cover medical.

Is it OK to have this Geo-blue plan AND buy another policy within the 10-21 timeframe when I make another reservation so I will be covered for cancellations and delays, etc. that Geo-blue does not cover?  

IF I do buy another policy within the appropriate time frame, that would also cover pre-existing medical but is it a problem if I have two policies that cover medical then?  

Thank you.  I am already "stuck" for two trips but have two more planned (in my head).  🙂

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Maybe BUYING MORE THAN ONE INSURANCE PLAN?

This thread was about insurance brokers.

Wow!  That's a good one!!!  I already posted my question (slightly revised) under a new topic.  Wonder if I can change that heading.  🤔

10 minutes ago, vpcats said:

Wow!  That's a good one!!!  I already posted my question (slightly revised) under a new topic.  Wonder if I can change that heading.  🤔

You can report your own thread and ask the mods to rename it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, vpcats said:

I will be doing a transatlantic cruise out of Barcelona at the end of October.  I missed the boat (not the ship :)) and did not buy travel insurance within the 10 -21 days after deposit as required by most companies to get the pre-existing conditions waiver so yesterday I bought the Geo-blue annual Trekker plan to cover medical.

Is it OK to have this Geo-blue plan AND buy another policy within the 10-21 timeframe when I make another reservation so I will be covered for cancellations and delays, etc. that Geo-blue does not cover?  

IF I do buy another policy within the appropriate time frame, that would also cover pre-existing medical but is it a problem if I have two policies that cover medical then?  

Thank you.  I am already "stuck" for two trips but have two more planned (in my head).  🙂

Hi vpcats,

> Is it OK to have this Geo-blue plan AND buy another policy

Yes as long as you don't submit the same claim to both companies (aka "double-dipping").

I've sold combinations of different policies lots of times when it benefits my customer.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi vpcats,

> Is it OK to have this Geo-blue plan AND buy another policy

Yes as long as you don't submit the same claim to both companies (aka "double-dipping").

I've sold combinations of different policies lots of times when it benefits my customer.

Steve Dasseos

Thank you very much for your response.