Here's a scenario for you

klfrodo

All hypothetical and could call Alaska Airlines, but more fun to ask here.

Wife and grandson are on the same PNR. The ticket was booked using my wife's companion fare under AS rules.

Grandson is 12 yo

Traveling with them on AS is Grandsons mother and other grandson on their own separate PNR with companion fare.

Wife is ill but recovering and has asked me this "whatif" question.  What happens if she is too ill to travel on their cruise vacation? Will grandson still be allowed to fly (companion fare remember) without my wife. His mom and little brother will still be on the flight.

My thoughts are,,,, under normal conditions, Yes. However, maybe the T's & C's of the Companion Fare negate this.

3 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

I would think he will, but a quick call to AS customer service will clarify things.

Thanks for getting back.

I did end up reaching out to AS's customer service team on Twitter. They checked around and said that he would be able to travel with mom. Just call (and they provided a number) and they would make the necessary changes and put the companion fare discount code back into my wifes account.

I will go on record and say this is not the first time that their social media/customer service team on Twitter has gone out of their way to assist me with a problem. Sometimes much faster than a phone call.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 12:26 PM, klfrodo said:

I will go on record and say this is not the first time that their social media/customer service team on Twitter has gone out of their way to assist me with a problem. Sometimes much faster than a phone call

My gut suggests that is because a phone call is in private and Twitter is in public.  I will consider this as a future tactic to resolve an issue.

10 hours ago, SelectSys said:

My gut suggests that is because a phone call is in private and Twitter is in public.  I will consider this as a future tactic to resolve an issue.

I do recommend this as a future option for resolution. I've changed my tactics to social media for many  corporations to include Marriott, T-Mobile, Xfinity and of course AS. Some are much better than others. I put AS up there.

Unsure what you mean by public though. In situations like this I DM (direct message).

11 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Unsure what you mean by public though. In situations like this I DM (direct message).

OK - I didn't understand that you sent in a direct message.  I am a total neophyte when it comes to social media outside of places like CruiseCritic.

• Like 1