ATM

mzhibbs

On 6/21/2023 at 4:55 PM, mzhibbs said:

Where can I find an ATM to get pesos? 

You don’t need pesos for a day in Mexico unless there is some specific reason you need to exchange for them.  US$ and credit cards are almost always accepted.  
All businesses in ports and nearby towns take US$ and menus often have the US$ prices along with pesos.  Just don’t use a debit card in any foreign country since fraudulent charges are harder to fix.
Suggest checking the current exchange rate before you go and do a quick calculation for each transaction to make sure you’re not getting taken.  There are handy “cheat sheet” exchange rate calculators and apps if those would help. 

You may also be able to exchange $ for peso on board your ship.  Just check with the guest services desk.  But I caution you on using ATMs unless absolutely necessary. Many instances of scamming on ATMs in Mexican ports.  There are branches of Banamex and Bancomer in Mahahual  and I recall there is(was) a casa de cambio along either Calle Sardina or Calle Huachiango

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2023 at 7:46 PM, SheSailsFL said:

You don’t need pesos for a day in Mexico unless there is some specific reason you need to exchange for them.  US$ and credit cards are almost always accepted.  
All businesses in ports and nearby towns take US$ and menus often have the US$ prices along with pesos.  Just don’t use a debit card in any foreign country since fraudulent charges are harder to fix.
Suggest checking the current exchange rate before you go and do a quick calculation for each transaction to make sure you’re not getting taken.  There are handy “cheat sheet” exchange rate calculators and apps if those would help. 

This is what I'm finding! The USD menus are twice the price of the pesos menu once converted. Do you know of any good beach side clubs down there that don't have this practice? Thanks!

9 hours ago, KarenGretz said:

This is what I'm finding! The USD menus are twice the price of the pesos menu once converted. Do you know of any good beach side clubs down there that don't have this practice? Thanks!

I am not sure where you are seeing this? If this is the tourist menu ( not locals only with a card,) why not just pay in pesos if it is so advantageous? Are you sure you are looking at a current menu and one menu with both prices listed?

Which club are you looking at? Some are less than honest in Mahahual?