Azamara Circle Question - when your level changes

azjoy

We are currently 10 points away from the next loyalty level and our next cruise is in August. 

We’d like to book a future cruise while on board using the free nights and the higher discount. 

We were able to do this under RCCL in 2019 but I was wondering if anyone has experience doing this under the new management?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, azjoy said:

We are currently 10 points away from the next loyalty level and our next cruise is in August. 

We’d like to book a future cruise while on board using the free nights and the higher discount. 

We were able to do this under RCCL in 2019 but I was wondering if anyone has experience doing this under the new management?

Thanks

Your loyally level won’t change until AFTER your next cruise, so you may not be able to book onboard with the expectation of using those “free” nights.

19 minutes ago, beatnix said:

We had this case 2 weeks ago. Our level was changed after retourning. 

It was not possible to add the regulations of the new level to the booking on board.

I know that's true for the other benefits of the new level, such as internet minutes.  I was speaking about a new booking using the free nights with the new loyalty level. 

In 2019, we were able to a future cruise onboard and have the free nights applied to it.

Has anyone tried this with the new management?

Whilst on board in March I asked exactly this question of both of the cruise sales personnel, separately.

I was told (by both sales agents) that, since I would be on the 'qualifying' cruise and would accumulate sufficient additional points during the cruise to pass the threshold, I would be able to book a future cruise during the 'qualifying' cruise and benefit from all the benefits (extra discount, free nights plus the benefits applicable for booking on-board). I was told that it would not be necessary to wait until I had disembarked the qualifying cruise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blag said:

Whilst on board in March I asked exactly this question of both of the cruise sales personnel, separately.

I was told (by both sales agents) that, since I would be on the 'qualifying' cruise and would accumulate sufficient additional points during the cruise to pass the threshold, I would be able to book a future cruise during the 'qualifying' cruise and benefit from all the benefits (extra discount, free nights plus the benefits applicable for booking on-board). I was told that it would not be necessary to wait until I had disembarked the qualifying cruise. 

Thank you very much!  This eases my mind so now I can move onto other worries! 🙂  

57 minutes ago, blag said:

Thanks for this. It was certainly not my understanding. And now that I am off of my “qualifying” cruise, my new loyalty level has not shown up. Gah!

4 minutes ago, beatnix said:

Agents on the four ships. On Pursuit 2 weeks ago no complementary nights.

I can only report what I was told on Journey in March.

Of course, the staff on other ships may be less co-operative.

Edited by blag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blag said:

I can only report what I was told on Journey in March.

Of course, the staff on other ships may be less co-operative.

I would really push if told I was not able to. It has always been my understanding that the scenario you describe you can.   Unfortunately there are a number of less knowledgeable sales staff on the ships more. If you get João or Michelle Graham then they are experienced and know the score and you shouldn't have an issue. 

Phil 

• Like 5

In late 2019 we were not permitted to apply our free nights on board since the qualifying cruise had to be completed, and we were also told that the office in Miami had to approve application of said nights. Others reported that they were not held to this policy.

Perhaps we should have been more forceful in our request, but there certainly seemed to be variations in application of the “rules”.

15 hours ago, nordski said:

In late 2019 we were not permitted to apply our free nights on board since the qualifying cruise had to be completed, and we were also told that the office in Miami had to approve application of said nights. Others reported that they were not held to this policy.

Perhaps we should have been more forceful in our request, but there certainly seemed to be variations in application of the “rules”.

Yes, it’s really a shame.

8 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, it’s really a shame.

Actually I wasn’t surprised at the decision on our cruise, so I wasn’t proactive in pushing our case. You are much better informed on these issues than we were.

there is some inconsistency with some of the information onboard. I was using free nights on an onboard booking...my past trips had been 90% veranda and 10% cc suite. Verandas were sold out for the cruise I was booking and was told I could not have cc suite and could only have oceanview....whilst on that trip I found someone that had used their free nights for owners suite when all their previous trips had been lower cabin type. (there were others that posted same on thread on here)...I would not have booked Owners cabin myself but would have taken a cc suite....guess it is the 'luck' of who you have onboard.

10 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

there is some inconsistency with some of the information onboard. I was using free nights on an onboard booking...my past trips had been 90% veranda and 10% cc suite. Verandas were sold out for the cruise I was booking and was told I could not have cc suite and could only have oceanview....whilst on that trip I found someone that had used their free nights for owners suite when all their previous trips had been lower cabin type. (there were others that posted same on thread on here)...I would not have booked Owners cabin myself but would have taken a cc suite....guess it is the 'luck' of who you have onboard.

Wow, that was some lucky passenger!

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Wow, that was some lucky passenger!

The price is adjusted accordingly in relation to your normal cabin category. I am aware of someone using 6 free nights on a 7 night cruise. Their usual cabin category was veranda or below but the difference in paying full rate for one night (adjusted accordingly, I.e more) meant it was a terrific deal for them to book an available owners suite. 

It depends very much on  cabin availability, the number of free nights used and the length of the cruise.

10 hours ago, Laganlady02 said:

The price is adjusted accordingly in relation to your normal cabin category. I am aware of someone using 6 free nights on a 7 night cruise. Their usual cabin category was veranda or below but the difference in paying full rate for one night (adjusted accordingly, I.e more) meant it was a terrific deal for them to book an available owners suite. 

It depends very much on  cabin availability, the number of free nights used and the length of the cruise.

mine was similar situation...6 free nights for 7 night cruise and plenty suites available but was told I could not have one as the majority of my trips had been veranda so could only book veranda...and since they were sold out I needed to move 'down' not 'up'....inconsistent.

On 6/24/2023 at 8:58 AM, Scots Caz said:

mine was similar situation...6 free nights for 7 night cruise and plenty suites available but was told I could not have one as the majority of my trips had been veranda so could only book veranda...and since they were sold out I needed to move 'down' not 'up'....inconsistent.

If this happens to you again, I would ask them to price a move up category for you. However, the supplement may be more than you wish to pay (in addition to the full rate for any remaining nights).

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:36 PM, Laganlady02 said:

I have to say I don't really understand this. Good for them getting this deal, but it has always been that your free nights are based upon your most frequently booked cabin averaged out. It's not something that I would be banking on as happening. 

I wish they'd adopt some consistency otherwise true loyalty becomes meaningless. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 7

I called the Azamara Circle number today and was pleasantly surprised to be on hold for only 4 minutes (called at 9 am EDT). I thought that maybe I would have better luck fixing my points over the phone. Unfortunately, the agent said Loyalty was not yet up and running and to try again after July 4th. 

She was able to help me with my Refer and Receive question though. FFCs are per reservation, not # of guests referred in cabin.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:47 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

I have to say I don't really understand this. Good for them getting this deal, but it has always been that your free nights are based upon your most frequently booked cabin averaged out. It's not something that I would be banking on as happening. 

I wish they'd adopt some consistency otherwise true loyalty becomes meaningless. 

Phil 

In general, your understanding of the free nights scheme is correct. The example I referred to was an onboard booking using the the most frequently booked cabin category and sent to Miami for approval. The next day, the future cruise person contacted the guests to say that Miami had suggested that for X pounds more they could have a club world suite.

This was not a trivial amount, but when averaged over the seven nights it allowed them an enhanced experience they could not otherwise afford under normal pricing.

This really only works using 6 free nights on a 7 night cruise, or using 10 free nights on a 11 or 12 night cruise, otherwise the price is prohibitive.

Indeed, a platinum member who posts here used their 10 free nights on a 12 night cruise in a club world suite. They do not normally book this suite category, so the example I described is not unique.

I agree it is not something that can be relied upon ,as there are a very limited set of circumstances when it would be financially viable.

52 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

In general, your understanding of the free nights scheme is correct. The example I referred to was an onboard booking using the the most frequently booked cabin category and sent to Miami for approval. The next day, the future cruise person contacted the guests to say that Miami had suggested that for X pounds more they could have a club world suite.

This was not a trivial amount, but when averaged over the seven nights it allowed them an enhanced experience they could not otherwise afford under normal pricing.

I was unfortunately not given any option even when I asked if possible..would have taken a CC suite as plenty available and still had a load of FCC (which I have since tried unsuccessfully to use....another thread!) Guess it helps to know what is actually possible for future reference to challenge.