Teen Club

whoah

What is the chance of the teen club to be operating on a 12 day British Isles cruise mid-August?  I know summer is more likely but a 12 day cruise is less likely.  I am hoping our teen can find someone to hang with.  If I call Princess, are they able to tell me if there are enough teens for the teen club to operate?

Club will be operating, ie your teen can go there BUT they might not find anyone else there. I would say mid-August is still school holiday time, at least in US, so the chances are good.

My suggestion would be to have them go on the first night to the "mixer" event teen club normally does to make connections. In our experience teen club is always open for teens to drop by, but unless they have made connections with other teens to hang out with, it is quite useless.

I dont know if regular agents on the phone will be able to tell you how many teens will be on the sailing. Probably not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoah said:

What is the chance of the teen club to be operating on a 12 day British Isles cruise mid-August?  I know summer is more likely but a 12 day cruise is less likely.  I am hoping our teen can find someone to hang with.  If I call Princess, are they able to tell me if there are enough teens for the teen club to operate?

I would think there’s a good chance of teens being onboard. For most children in the UK they will still be on holiday from school until the end of Aug / beginning of Sept.

Have you joined your roll call? You may find some more information there.

2 minutes ago, whoah said:

Thanks, yes, I joined roll call but I guess none have teens.

I doubt anyone at Princess is going to reveal to you number of teens booked into cabins - nor would the rep do the research.  

The youth clubs are always there, so have your teen show up on Day 1 as advertised in the Princess Events (a.k.a. Patter).  Bound to be some others.

We sailed on the Discovery last week with 2 teens and an 8 year old.   In the cabin there was a schedule for each child, with their names on,  for the appropriate Club listing activities.  They all thoroughly enjoyed the activities scheduled, coming and going as they pleased.

Hi, I think the club will open for teens.

mid august is school holidays in England, N. Ireland & wales. (Scotland break up & return to school earlier in the year)

Although to be honest I’m not sure how many brits with kids go on a cruise around Britain. I think more of us prefer to go s’hampton to other countries.

im sure there will be some British teens though

BUT most of mainland Europe are still on school holidays too. So they’ll be teens from there too

As well as other teens from outside of Europe like yourselves.

i hope they have a great time 😃