Reykjavik: My debarkation (8am)

fstuff1

Ncl.

No immigration! Just walked out like any port.

- Free shuttle to opera house

- Taxi line. They added a cover.

No cover when I was there last year.

Also last year, taxi line took an hr!

- Taxi prices :o :o :o

IMG_20230623_080506.jpg

IMG_20230623_080304.jpg

IMG_20230623_082800.jpg

Edited by fstuff1

Immigration processing depends on where you’ve been traveling and how the ship handles it. If your ports were all within the Schengen, there’s typically no need for immigration procedures. The last time I disembarked in Reykjavik, we’d traveled from Svalbard (outside the Schengen), so we needed to be cleared.

10 hours ago, 2bc cruisers said:

Is there a free shuttle from city center to the cruise port?  

yes, at the same drop off point from cruise port.
The Yellow city bus will have a sign on front window saying cruise port. Don't take other yellow buses since the opera house is a stop for many bus routes.

10 hours ago, Ladybug18 said:

What are the hours the FREE shuttle runs? We will be on the NCL Prima in a few weeks with an overnight in Reykjavik. 

when i did an overnight on ncl Dawn, last bus was 9pm.
Dont know if that's last pickup at opera house or last leaving the cruise port 

On 6/23/2023 at 5:01 AM, kaisatsu said:

Immigration processing depends on where you’ve been traveling and how the ship handles it. If your ports were all within the Schengen, there’s typically no need for immigration procedures. The last time I disembarked in Reykjavik, we’d traveled from Svalbard (outside the Schengen), so we needed to be cleared.

interesting.. my cruise was from Tromso to iceland, which included a stop at the Svalbard island.

No signs about immigration. No going though the huge white tent for passport control.

we all walked through the tourist center and out

7 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

The Yellow city bus will have a sign on front window saying cruise port. Don't take other yellow buses since the opera house is a stop for many bus routes.

when i did an overnight on ncl Dawn, last bus was 9pm.
Dont know if that's last pickup at opera house or last leaving the cruise port 

Thank you for this information. That would be great if they run the bus until 9PM. We have an all day Golden Circle Tour and was hoping to check out the city after the tour. 

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

interesting.. my cruise was from Tromso to iceland, which included a stop at the Svalbard island.

No signs about immigration. No going though the huge white tent for passport control.

we all walked through the tourist center and out

I think we had immigration because we embarked in Svalbard, so our Schengen entry needed to be registered in Iceland. I think it could be similar if you were on a north Atlantic sailing and were arriving from Canada or the US. Possibly also the UK.

On 6/25/2023 at 4:42 AM, fstuff1 said:

Thanks for the tip.  Where does the special cruise port yellow bus stop in the city center?

Does anybody here know if your ship (Prima) does an overnight in Reykjavic are you allowed to disembark (head to the airport for an early flight) on the second day early....like 6am for example?  Or is it necessary to stay onboard and disembark in the more normal way... all passengers at the same set time.

• 9 months later...