Zeebrugge to Bruges diy

Martins Taxis! Scroll down to Cruise Ship Transfers section:

Taxi zeebrugge, taxi brugge, taxi to bruges, havenvervoer (martinstaxi.be)

For convenience sake I've copied the information from the website-

CRUISE SHIP TRANSFERS

From Zeebruges cruise terminal to the center of Bruges and back cost € 110 per vehicle (up to 8 people maximum for the same price).
We bring you to the center ( Market Square). You do not have to walk 30 minutes to get to the center as when you take the train or bus ( you don’t lose time)
You can decide when you want to go back to the cruise ship by making an appointment with your driver.
Day trips to Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels are also possible.

Twice we've been to Zeebrugge and headed into Bruges, and this is the service we used. I booked Martins once since we had 8 in our group and the second time we lucked out by joining a roll call member who'd organized this. 

If you don't have others to share the ride, ask on your roll call. Even if only 2 more sign up, the price is a relative bargain!

• Thanks 2

On 9/27/2023 at 2:26 PM, friscotex said:

Here is what we did on our Zeebrugge to Bruges port day (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)

Took cruise shuttle (free/provided by cruise) to Blankenberge.......... Bought tickets from machine to Bruges..........Bought tickets to climb Belfort Tower (recommend). .......

Train back to Blankenberge, then shuttle back to ship.

Just a few questions if I may. How did you find out about the cruise shuttle to Blankenberge? Listed on the ship's excursion website? Or was it announced onboard when cruising to the port? Could you buy roundtrip tickets, or did you have to buy a ticket at each station? Was there a long line to buy tickets to the Tower? Did you buy tickets online before leaving home? Thank you.

The night before we arrived in port the cruise daily sheet that is left in our cabin mentioned the complimentary shuttle to Blankenberge train station.  Yes, you can buy roundtrip tickets from the train station at the kiosk.  We got to the tower when it opened (which I recommend) and there was not a long line to buy tickets, but you could see that there were bigger crowds when we were finished with the tower.  I did not buy any tickets before we left home.

**If your cruise does not offer a shuttle to the Blankenberge train station, you can walk from the port station to the tram stop and ride the tram to the bus station. Tickets are needed to ride the tram. Another option is to look at https://cruise-express.be/en/ and buy a ticket with them and they take you directly to Bruges.  For this option you could buy a ticket in advance or buy the day you arrive off the ship.

Here is another link you may find helpful:  https://belgium-travel.com/how-to-go-from-zeebrugge-to-bruges-city-center/

I hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, friscotex said:

The night before we arrived in port the cruise daily sheet that is left in our cabin mentioned the complimentary shuttle to Blankenberge train station.  Yes, you can buy roundtrip tickets from the train station at the kiosk.  We got to the tower when it opened (which I recommend) and there was not a long line to buy tickets, but you could see that there were bigger crowds when we were finished with the tower.  I did not buy any tickets before we left home.

**If your cruise does not offer a shuttle to the Blankenberge train station, you can walk from the port station to the tram stop and ride the tram to the bus station. Tickets are needed to ride the tram. Another option is to look at https://cruise-express.be/en/ and buy a ticket with them and they take you directly to Bruges.  For this option you could buy a ticket in advance or buy the day you arrive off the ship.

Here is another link you may find helpful:  https://belgium-travel.com/how-to-go-from-zeebrugge-to-bruges-city-center/

I hope that helps!

Thank you! You're a big help!

On 3/6/2024 at 7:13 AM, TMLAalum said:

Martins Taxis! Scroll down to Cruise Ship Transfers section:

Taxi zeebrugge, taxi brugge, taxi to bruges, havenvervoer (martinstaxi.be)

For convenience sake I've copied the information from the website-

CRUISE SHIP TRANSFERS

From Zeebruges cruise terminal to the center of Bruges and back cost € 110 per vehicle (up to 8 people maximum for the same price).
We bring you to the center ( Market Square). You do not have to walk 30 minutes to get to the center as when you take the train or bus ( you don’t lose time)
You can decide when you want to go back to the cruise ship by making an appointment with your driver.
Day trips to Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels are also possible.

Twice we've been to Zeebrugge and headed into Bruges, and this is the service we used. I booked Martins once since we had 8 in our group and the second time we lucked out by joining a roll call member who'd organized this. 

If you don't have others to share the ride, ask on your roll call. Even if only 2 more sign up, the price is a relative bargain!

This is the reply we received from Martin's Taxi:

GOOD DAY

NO NEED TO MAKE A BOOKING

YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM THE SHIP TO THE CRUISE TERMINAL WHERE TAXIS ARE WAITING IN LINE

ROUND TRIP WILL COST ABOUT 110 € PER CAR FOR 8 PASSENGERS

IT IS NOT A FIXED PRICE

DRIVERS DRIVE ON THE METER

IF YOU WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM ON THE DAY YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL ME

THANK YOU AND BEST REGARDS

LOU

MARTINS TAXI BVBA

POLDERWEG 16

8380 ZEEBRUGGE

MOBILE PHONE 0032 477 66 77 88

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Do they have taxis available at the shuttle bus parking to take you to the town center of Bruges and back?

If no taxis does the 15- 20 minute walk have benches to rest on. 
We’re looking at the “ Bruges on your own”

Thank you

4 hours ago, DianeCcruiser said:

Do they have taxis available at the shuttle bus parking to take you to the town center of Bruges and back?

Thank you

My wife and I won't be doing this until next spring, but curious how far in advance was the "Brugges on your own" posted for your itinerary. At this point, there are only 8 excursions listed for Bruges-nothing for "Bruges on your own". Otherwise, we probably will go with cruise-express.

We’ll be on HAL Zuiderdam in May. We booked a different tour when we booked last September. I don’t think this tour was available when we booked. We booked Bruges on your own February 10th 2024. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DianeCcruiser said:

We’ll be on HAL Zuiderdam in May. We booked a different tour when we booked last September. I don’t think this tour was available when we booked. We booked Bruges on your own February 10th 2024. 
Thank you. We'll just wait it out to see if Celebrity will eventually post this excursion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 3:30 PM, DianeCcruiser said:

Thank you

I don't recall any taxis around the coach park in Bargeweg. There may have been benches in Minnewater Park, which you walk through to the centre, but if you have mobility issues, could you find others to share a cab? They go straight to the centre, meaning more time in Bruges and shorter queues for boat trips, etc, if you're the first ones there!