Price of drink packages

3 minutes ago, barbatkins said:

Holy Cow!  That’s a lot for drinks!  And I’m assuming if one of the 

people doesn’t drink…. You both still have to but it?

Yes, all those of legal drinking age in the same cabin have to buy it.  However, you can call RCI and request to get the deluxe package for one, and the other adult (the one who doesn't drink alcohol) will have to get the refreshment package (not the soda package).  And, since you have the VIFP logo in your account, you might be surprised that Royal doesn't have the 15 alcohol drink limit like Carnival.

Edited by Anton
update info

Depends on the cruise. Transatlantics May have different pricing than the typical Caribbean routes. The Caribbean routes seem to be going between $73/day-$88/day. 

I have a 12 day Asian cruise coming up and the drink package has been priced much lower than those. For the last 10 months it's fluctuated between $54/day-$58/day, but about 2 weeks ago they put it on sale for $43/day and it stayed that price for  about a week. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

6 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Enter your cruise details in the cruise planner lookup tool in my signature and you can see the price they are selling it for right now.

Don't see a signature for you to access this tool you speak of.

27 minutes ago, gizbug said:

Don't see a signature for you to access this tool you speak of.

Here's the link. I think you have to enable seeing signatures in your preferences.

Cruise Planner Lookup Tool: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit?usp=sharing

The price of the drink packages now are nothing more than eye watering. The prices have almost doubled since 2019 along with having to basically purchase 2 drink packages for a stateroom with 2 adults. $100 usd a day and with added gratuity of 18% So $118.00 a day or $236.00 a day for x2 adults for the unlimited? Worth is? I guess if you plan on drinking constantly and not stopping, then yes. But for 90% it's nowhere near worth it. 

57 minutes ago, 95south said:

The price of the drink packages now are nothing more than eye watering. The prices have almost doubled since 2019 along with having to basically purchase 2 drink packages for a stateroom with 2 adults. $100 usd a day and with added gratuity of 18% So $118.00 a day or $236.00 a day for x2 adults for the unlimited? Worth is? I guess if you plan on drinking constantly and not stopping, then yes. But for 90% it's nowhere near worth it. 

At $100 day it still works out to less than 7 alcoholic drinks per day. We get the free C&A drinks and still are able to come out way ahead and never are constantly drinking/drunk.

Add in 4-5 bottles of water, soda, coffee drinks per day then it really saves up!! Plus the convenience factor of no receipts.

I guess if you plan to only have a few drinks per day with none of the other stuff it wouldn’t make sense but that isn’t 90% of cruisers…..