CocoCay cabana and water park question

Hi! We will have 6 in our group—my husband and me, our two kids ages 20 and 17, and they will each have a friend with them who are their same ages. We will have a stop at CocoCay and we have never been there before. We’d like to get a cabana of some kind, and my son and his friend will definitely want to do the waterslides, but the rest of us don’t care about the waterslides. Would it be best for us to do a water park cabana so their two tickets are included? However, we were hoping for a less hectic atmosphere for the rest of us, maybe a cabana in another spot. Could the boys easily get to and from the water park from a cabana other than the water park cabanas? And price-wise, are other cabanas that don’t include water park tickets cheaper? Meaning would we save any money getting another cabana and just buying two water park tickets? Any insight appreciated! 

It really depends on what date you are going to Coco Cay, what ship you are on, and if another ship will be there the same day as you.  Generally, it would cost you more to pay for a cabana and waterpark entrance for 4.  The costs of the cabanas has gone up significantly and some locations like the Oasis lagoon is not far from the back entrance of the water park, although I don't think the atmosphere is calming there.  South Beach and Chill Island are going to be a longer walk.  We have rented cabana's inside the water park and we were along the wave pool area and it was a low traffic area, but you could hear the music from the wave pool area all day.  I'm glad my kids are over the waterpark as the prices keep going higher and higher!  Long gone are the days of the cabana for $450 too.

Thank you for thank info! Are there other things on CocoCay that older teen boys might find fun? For instance, are there kayaks, paddle boards, snorkeling that are no charge? I will look this up, I just like to get perspective from people who have been there. Thank you! 

14 minutes ago, FirstAnthem said:

Thank you for thank info! Are there other things on CocoCay that older teen boys might find fun? For instance, are there kayaks, paddle boards, snorkeling that are no charge? I will look this up, I just like to get perspective from people who have been there. Thank you! 

They have kayaks and snorkeling gear, but there's a charge.  And the kayaks you need to go in a group with a guide.  You know what might work, although it adds $$, would be to get the Water Park cabana and then for you and your husband, a beach bed at South Beach or Chill Island.  

ETA:  That way you'd be able to go into the water park, they'd have a place to 'hang' and you could retreat to your more sedate beach bed. The beach beds also have a couple of additional loungers, a couple of floating mats and a cooler with waters.  

Edited by rockmom

12 minutes ago, FirstAnthem said:

Thank you! That’s an idea I hadn’t thought of! Lots of different ways to do this day….fun stuff to think about and fun decisions to make! 😊

It would probably be less expensive that booking a full cabana not in the water park and then having to add in water park passes.  And this way there's passes for you and your husband in case you want to go in and watch or maybe do a slide or the wave pool.  

We had a South Beach Cabana and it was awesome, especially if you can catch it on sale.  Walk isn't that far, and shuttles are going constantly.  We liked it because it wasn't on top of the waterpark.  We just walked over when we felt like doing the slide or other stuff.

As you probably know, only those using the "for-fee" areas of water park need to pay for it.  Those that don't enjoy the tons of free water activities as well as the cabana.

Dan

There are a ton of loungers everywhere with umbrellas and in the trees if you want more shade.  All are free.  Snorkeling is free if you bring your own equipment.  They will loan you a snorkeling vest for free.  Beach beds and cabanas tend to be out in the sun.  We cancelled our bed on second cruise of B2B when we found out how many nice lounger locations there are.  Cabana prices used to be $250-$400.  Since restart they tend to be $1200 and up for 6 people.  Now you can go to Atlantis for less per person, or a whole day at a theme park.  Get off the ship early, stake out a group of loungers for the day, and buy the water park passes just for those who want them.

8 hours ago, LeeW said:

There are a ton of loungers everywhere with umbrellas and in the trees if you want more shade.  All are free.  Snorkeling is free if you bring your own equipment.  They will loan you a snorkeling vest for free.  Beach beds and cabanas tend to be out in the sun.  We cancelled our bed on second cruise of B2B when we found out how many nice lounger locations there are.  Cabana prices used to be $250-$400.  Since restart they tend to be $1200 and up for 6 people.  Now you can go to Atlantis for less per person, or a whole day at a theme park.  Get off the ship early, stake out a group of loungers for the day, and buy the water park passes just for those who want them.

Thank you LeeW! I had the impression that loungers in the shade would be impossible to get. We mostly wanted the cabana to have a guaranteed spot for shade and relaxing. But if there are plenty of loungers for everyone if we are up and out early, then this is a definite possibility for us! 

• Like 1