Child "middle name" name change

whataboutport

We are about to put a deposit on a cruise for Jan 2024. We have already started the paperwork at the courthouse to change our child's middle name. We have already filed, but are waiting for it to be finalized. I was going to pay my deposit tomorrow. Should I enter in my child's middle name as his old one or the new one? I have no idea how much longer we should be waiting for the courts to contact us, then file for a get a new birth certificate. Should we just book with his original name? Do I NEED to put a middle name at all? He has two middle names, can I enter in only one middle name?

When is your cruise?  Are you working with a travel agent?

My travel agent will often use "Mr. TBD" as the second passenger.  Could you do that for a third passenger to hold the space?

If not, you will need a lot of paper work to show the name changes.  Do you have the time?

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

When is your cruise?  Are you working with a travel agent?

My travel agent will often use "Mr. TBD" as the second passenger.  Could you do that for a third passenger to hold the space?

If not, you will need a lot of paper work to show the name changes.  Do you have the time?

Cruise is Jan 2024. I was going to contact princess but they were already closed. I can contact them tomorrow but wanted to jump on here and see if anybody already knew of hand. 

4 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Cruise is Jan 2024. I was going to contact princess but they were already closed. I can contact them tomorrow but wanted to jump on here and see if anybody already knew of hand. 

They don't even ask for middle names to book a cruise.  You can provide it if you want, but it's not required. 

7 hours ago, whataboutport said:

We are about to put a deposit on a cruise for Jan 2024. We have already started the paperwork at the courthouse to change our child's middle name. We have already filed, but are waiting for it to be finalized. I was going to pay my deposit tomorrow. Should I enter in my child's middle name as his old one or the new one? I have no idea how much longer we should be waiting for the courts to contact us, then file for a get a new birth certificate. Should we just book with his original name? Do I NEED to put a middle name at all? He has two middle names, can I enter in only one middle name?

You can book it with just a first and last name. Make the deposit.  You already booked it, right?  

Once you get his passport, then you will scan that into the App,

As soon as you have his middle name changed, I highly recommend applying for his passport.  They are very backlogged.

I am not sure you will get a correct answer from PCL, many new employees.

• Like 1