Chances of obstructed view stateroom for Adventure of the Seas 2D GTY

I am booked thru an agent for 2D GTY Oceanview Balcony on Adventure of the Seas. It is a group cruise and I am not sure about obstructed cabins in that category. Does anyone know if there are any obstructed oceanview cabins in the 2D category? Thanks!

These cabins are located on decks 6 & 7. They are not obstructed by tenders. The problem with guarantees is the cruise line picks your cabin and you might end up near a crew area with banging doors and noisy activity throughout the day. You might also get a decent cabin. It's a crap shoot.

Jonathan

• Like 1

Thank-you, Jonathan! I am glad that they are not obstructed. I hope I don't get a noisy cabin, but I will bring my ear plugs just in case! 🙂

Edited by Kennact
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kennact said:

I am booked thru an agent for 2D GTY Oceanview Balcony on Adventure of the Seas. It is a group cruise and I am not sure about obstructed cabins in that category. Does anyone know if there are any obstructed oceanview cabins in the 2D category? Thanks!

That just means that you would get "at least" an oceanview balcony cabin.

There are some less desirable cabins in that category.  On the Adventure, the balconies are part of the superstructure.  They are not exterior to the skin.  So the balconies are somewhat "cavelike", but particularly so on Deck 6, where there is metal on the bottom of the outer facing wall.  Deck 7 & up has plexiglass.

image.jpeg.ef8153bbe3d377ccc738c2723c460652.jpeg

Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos

• Like 2

In addition, the aft cabins are considered obstructed, because of the support structure back there, but they are also highly prized by knowledgeable cruisers for their huge balconies and wonderful views of the wake.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That just means that you would get "at least" an oceanview balcony cabin.

There are some less desirable cabins in that category.  On the Adventure, the balconies are part of the superstructure.  They are not exterior to the skin.  So the balconies are somewhat "cavelike", but particularly so on Deck 6, where there is metal on the bottom of the outer facing wall.  Deck 7 & up has plexiglass.

image.jpeg.ef8153bbe3d377ccc738c2723c460652.jpeg

Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos

Thank you for the information! I hope it is deck 7.  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there are really any obstructed views on Adventure. There are some weird lower balcony plates, instead of clear panels. But overall, I liked the privacy of the balconies.