Disney vs RCCL for Kids 1st grade and younger

Razzo

I've cruised on RCCL myself before kids for many many years, so I'm intimately familiar with many of the ships and things to do.  I'll be taking my first DCL cruise with my family (it will be my Kids first cruise ever - ages 4 and 6) later this year.  

I'm aware of many of the differences between the two lines, etc, but I'm wondering - for those who have cruised before with young kids, how much time do they really spend in the kids clubs vs with the family?   On RCL they tend to split the age brackets so they would be separated.  I know my little ones and being separated between two clubs due to their age wouldn't be enjoyable for them at all.  On DCL it's not going to be a problem as the kids can both be in the same club together. 

I'm just wondering if the kids won't really want to spend time in the clubs anyway - regardless if they would need to be split or not.  Any insight would be appreciated!

We took our granddaughters on Disney twice when they were about this age.  They are now 22 and 16 and still talk about the Disney cruises!!

If it had not been so expensive I would have taken them more.  For children that age, in my opinion, it has to be Disney hands down!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

If it had not been so expensive I would have taken them more

Me too.  We took our kids on the Disney twice when they were young.  It was a great experience including all the shows and how the characters interact with the guests.  I would go again if it was less money.

• Like 1