Royal Caribbean Cocktail Recipes

58 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

MAI TAI
The Lime & Coconut Bar

MaiTai.thumb.jpeg.932da4f7e1515d50784f994ddadb88be.jpeg

Unfortunately that recipe is a poor excuse for a Mai Tai. Granted there several versions from the original Victor Burgeon’s 1944 Trader Vic’s cocktail.

1 lime

1/2 ounce orange curaçao

1/4 ounce rock candy syrup

1/4 ounce orgeat syrup

2 ounces Trader Vic Mai Tai rum or 1 ounce dark Jamaica rum and 1 ounce Martinique rum

I imagine some of the substitutions are because I never see Orgeat and Orange Curacao on board. I’ll be curious to try it to see how far off it is. Bottom line have a true Mai Tai is excellent. It’s such a great well balanced cocktail. I’m a big fan of Kevin Crossman’s site, The Search For The Ultimate Mai Tai:

https://ultimatemaitai.com

I have experimented and found that this recipe is the best and closely resembles Victor’s original recipe.

Ultimate Mai Tai Recipe
½ oz Appleton Estate Rare Casks Aged 12 Years
½ oz Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum
½ oz Plantation OFTD
½ oz Plantation Xaymaca 
1 oz Lime Juice
½ oz Orgeat (Latitude 29)
½ oz Orange Curacao (Ferrand Dry Curacao)
¼ oz Demerara Syrup (BG Reynolds)
Garnish with mint sprig and spent lime shell

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Unfortunately that recipe is a poor excuse for a Mai Tai.

I am more of a compiler that a cocktail critic.  That probably shows in many of my comments.  I don't even really drink. The jars of leftover cocktails collecting in my fridge is proof of that.  

IMG_8244.thumb.jpeg.5bfe3b7a8586fbf950eba39e5fc0c3b1.jpeg

The aim of this project is to help uninitiated guests like me make informed choices when ordering drinks on Royal ships.

Someday, when I'm done with this one, I intend to do another project tentatively titled "Elevated Royal Caribbean Cocktails"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

I am more of a compiler that a cocktail critic.  That probably shows in many of my comments.  I don't even really drink. The jars of leftover cocktails collecting in my fridge is proof of that.  

I was wondering if you were actually taste-testing all these recipes. 😀  I appreciate all your effort in compiling the official recipes and ingredients!  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

The aim of this project is to help uninitiated guests like me make informed choices when ordering drinks on Royal ships.

Someday, when I'm done with this one, I intend to do another project tentatively titled "Elevated Royal Caribbean Cocktails"

I appreciate all your hard work. My comment was more for the people who want to try this cocktail and what they should expect. I like your next idea for a project.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

I was wondering if you were actually taste-testing all these recipes. 😀  I appreciate all your effort in compiling the official recipes and ingredients!  

I'm actually taste-testing them.  "Taste" is the operative word, not "consume."  ha ha

I do finish the ones I like.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 10:04 AM, PG_Cruiser said:

Depending on where in FL you live, I can be over to help clear some space in... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

CARIBBEAN SUNSET
The Lime & Coconut Bar

CaribbeanSunset.thumb.jpeg.cea5de5d72c81efee7110dd7c7a2c29d.jpeg

I had a hunch this was an Aperol Spritz when I saw the ingredients. Then I dug up an old menu of Lime & Coconut (from 2018, I think). They just renamed this cocktail when they revamped the menus in 2021.

image.thumb.png.207e14982ae86d20ee0b704bb3dd8ac8.png

• Like 1

That's interesting about the Aperol Spritz being renamed. It has a lot of haters but I like it. So pretty, light and refreshing. 

The best drink on my last cruise was something a bartender concocted on our last night when bar stocks were low. He muddled several lemons, added some syrup, and some sort of special vodka I didn't get the name of. Very lemony with not too much sweetness. I really wish I had written it down. I don't like most of the menu cocktails, way too sweet for my taste.

"DESERT PEAR 'RITA'"
The Lime & Coconut Bar

DesertPearRita.thumb.jpeg.16c8474ca20cf03368f226b4a3e29933.jpeg

This cocktail has been on the Lime & Coconut Bar menu for a long time, but I haven't seen people talking about it. It has gained popularity recently as a "reformulated" drink on the new Schooner Bar menu.

DesertPearMargarita.thumb.jpeg.756e0d6ad360921713de54e9119500bf.jpeg

• Like 1