Delays in Miami this morning!! June 25

hallux

Just got this from carnival (monitoring)

Carnival Celebration 06/25/23: We remain in touch with port officials. Salvage crews are working to remove the accident vessel from the channel. We do not know when the process will be completed, but the ship is in position to head into the port once we are cleared to do so. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide another update by 3:00 PM (ET). Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you receive our final update. This is not the way we expected to start your cruise, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

• Like 1

I now wish I could remove the link to BLC.  They have chosen to monetize this event, chat on the stream was open to subscribers when this started but now only those who pay to be a channel member are allowed to chat.

And here’s Norwegian at 12:22.  Carnival winning the info wars:

UPDATE Important Information from Norwegian Cruise Line: Due to further delay of reopening Port of Miami , embarkation for today's N. Escape 6.25.2023 sailing remains delayed. We ask that you do not to arrive to the terminal prior to 3 pm. Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 4

I agree, the information coming from MSC and NCL is very minimal.

Carnival also sent this letter to those embarking. $20 lunch credit and they have busses moving those who already arrived at the port to Bayside mall. CCL has asked passengers not to arrive until 4:00 pm.

image.png.a0bc776a43c9f3b05cfa28182e748003.png

• Like 2

Just now, hallux said:

$20 for lunch, in Miami?  I guess they're getting food from vendor carts on the street?

I can eat lunch at Bayside for $20 with no drinks. I think it's a very nice gesture.

Did NCL or MSC give anything to passengers waiting to embark? Does MSC or NCL have busses moving passengers from the terminals to Bayside so they can enjoy the day?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I can eat lunch at Bayside for $20 with no drinks. I think it's a very nice gesture.

Did NCL or MSC give anything to passengers waiting to embark? Does MSC or NCL have busses moving passengers from the terminals to Bayside so they can enjoy the day?

Update to my post. Passengers have stated that MSC is also giving $20 OBC. I suspect NCL will do something eventually, but the information coming from CCL has been superior all day.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

fair point, haven't heard anything from the NCL passengers in Miami that I'm sure are frustrated with the delay.  Unless NCL was proactive in alerting them so they never showed up in the first place...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Isn't there a Five Guys and Checkers at Bayside? I would think that $20 is more than enough for a meal combo. Those burgers should definitely be better than the dried out ones in the Garden Cafe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just checked a ship tracking site.  It shows all three cruise ships on  the move very slowly with the destination being given as Miami.  Let's hope this is some progress.  Prayers for everyone invovled in trying to resolve all the issues. Prayers also for all staff members, arriving passengers, passengers scheduled to depart and all those employed by the Port of Miami.  Nightmare for everyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

fair point, haven't heard anything from the NCL passengers in Miami that I'm sure are frustrated with the delay.  Unless NCL was proactive in alerting them so they never showed up in the first place...

Nope, apparently all three terminals are a mess. That's why CCL has provided busses to take their passengers to Bayside mall where they can enjoy the day. 

Someone on MSC just posted that they are also getting $20 OBC. NCL might offer something too eventually.

In terms of communication, CCL has blown away it's competition today.

I haven't sailed CCL since 96 but I have a S2S on the Celebration/Encore in January because CCL has really stepped up it's game with the Excel class. I'll hope to do a comparative live from. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I also think it is a nice gesture, especially considering they have absolutely no control over the situation. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ImADaneFan said:

I just heard on the PortMiami Webcam site that they are sending pilots out to all 3 cruise ships.  The Escape is 1st then the MSC Seascape and finally the Carnival Celebration.

I'm sure the cruise lines pay for certain priority, but it would make more sense to take the one that has to go farthest up the channel first, then the next one, then the next.  They could have them sail in faster (not at a higher speed but closer together) that way as they could all be slipping up to the pier (I guess quay in this case) at the same time rather than having to wait for the first one to get close enough.

NCL's berth is the first one of those 3 as they sail in (for now, while MSC builds theirs at the end of the island) so the others will be waiting on the Escape...

1 minute ago, hallux said:

I'm sure the cruise lines pay for certain priority, but it would make more sense to take the one that has to go farthest up the channel first, then the next one, then the next.  They could have them sail in faster (not at a higher speed but closer together) that way as they could all be slipping up to the pier (I guess quay in this case) at the same time rather than having to wait for the first one to get close enough.

NCL's berth is the first one of those 3 as they sail in (for now, while MSC builds theirs at the end of the island) so the others will be waiting on the Escape...

The pilot just came back on and said they were now doing MSC 1st  then the Escape.  I wonder if they will have them go to the turning basin and dock starboard side as normal, or dock port side just to speed everything up?

2 minutes ago, ImADaneFan said:

The pilot just came back on and said they were now doing MSC 1st  then the Escape.  I wonder if they will have them go to the turning basin and dock starboard side as normal, or dock port side just to speed everything up?

I heard that but I didn't know if was order to come into the channel or if they were just boarding the MSC pilot first and the order would remain NCL, MSC, CCL. 

There's a barge that may take cuts. Apparently tide is becoming an issue for some. 

5 minutes ago, ImADaneFan said:

and dock starboard side as normal,

Watch the streams long enough and you'll see there's no "normal" for which side is against the quay.  Sometimes port, sometimes starboard.

In the interest of getting the turn-around under way I have a feeling none of them will turn around and will wait for departure to spin in the basin...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hallux said:

Watch the streams long enough and you'll see there's no "normal" for which side is against the quay.  Sometimes port, sometimes starboard.

In the interest of getting the turn-around under way I have a feeling none of them will turn around and will wait for departure to spin in the basin...

That's my guess also. That accident was closer to the turn-around.

2 minutes ago, hallux said:

No, the accident was down by the entrance to the channel, by the ferry terminal.

Oh...sorry about that. Thanks for the correction. I saw the boats anchored in the background of the salvage boat and thought it was the marina in the basin. I guess that must have been the miami beach marina.