Seascape not allowed into Maimi yet today (6/25/23)

BermudaBound2014

Sadly there was a fatality accident around 3:30 a.m. that has closed Government Cut to cruise vessels. The Seascape, NCL Escape, and Carnival Celebration are all waiting patiently at the entrance to the port. The Coast Guard posted at 1:00 .p.m. that they need to clear the channel of the sunken vessel. No salvage has begun. No estimated reopening times have been posted.

Not sure what is happening with MSC, but Carnival has opened the bars, is playing a movie on the lido, and gave all passengers waiting to embark $20 to eat in Miami. At this time passengers are being told to wait until at least 4:00 p.m. before arriving at the port. 

For those embarking (or debarking) today, you may want to sign up for these text messages from CCL. I know it's not MSC but it seems that CCL is doing the best job posting updates on Social Media.  CCL3 to CRUISE ( 278473)

image.png.ef92bb1960f6af4a5c1cf75b8c6ef939.png

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2023/06/25/1-dead-1-injured-after-30-foot-boat-collides-with-fisher-island-ferry-overnight/?fbclid=IwAR2j99o8qFecEad_EWitchobjIUv_xVm5Y4B3QLQ9Yf7tXnCeWjxsPZwPhs

PS: I looked and didn't see this posted anywhere. Sorry if duplicate. 

To say Carnival is doing a better job than MSC is an understatement.  

I received a text from MSC at 8:47, 9:06, and 9:08 AM, then a Robo-call around 11am.  (Yes, all the texts within 20 mins of each other).

Carnival I have gotten 7 updates since 9AM including 1 a few minutes ago when the salvage barge arrived. And even though I am not on their ship, yes, the $20 to cover lunch in Miami (I don't know where lunch is only $20 in Miami, but that's a gracious acknowledgement by CCL) 

• Like 2

Commander of port of Miami just made another official announcement/update. The port will remain closed until the sunken vessel has been removed and the investigation is complete. No estimate time was given for when port will reopen. Divers are in the water conducting investigation. Salvage has not begun. Ships are still waiting patiently. 

image.png.c4e6019a96da17d193495df257582130.png

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

To say Carnival is doing a better job than MSC is an understatement.  

I received a text from MSC at 8:47, 9:06, and 9:08 AM, then a Robo-call around 11am.  (Yes, all the texts within 20 mins of each other).

Carnival I have gotten 7 updates since 9AM including 1 a few minutes ago when the salvage barge arrived. And even though I am not on their ship, yes, the $20 to cover lunch in Miami (I don't know where lunch is only $20 in Miami, but that's a gracious acknowledgement by CCL) 

Are you at the Port of Miami embarking today?

I agree. CCL information has been exceptional so far. The $20 gesture is above and beyond in my opinion. CCL also gave this letter and are bussing passengers to Bayside Mall. 

image.png.b015bb9d45d9d4c58b98c6afb0300b77.png

I can't find any official information from NCL or MSC. 

Yes 

I am at terminal C in the AC for MSC seascape

we just got called and told we will be getting $20 OBC 

Been called 3 times form an MSC Oklahoma Tel#

MSC got all PAX out of the heat and upstairs into waiting areas 

No one  is checked in

Each ship has two terminals

MSC C & D

Carnival F & G

NCL B & E

as for the logistics and reasoning that is above my pay grade. 

All we have received news wise was it will be 6hrs before anything will happen 

We have vending machines and snacks to see us through 

29 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are you at the Port of Miami embarking today?

I agree. CCL information has been exceptional so far. The $20 gesture is above and beyond in my opinion. CCL also gave this letter and are bussing passengers to Bayside Mall. 

image.png.b015bb9d45d9d4c58b98c6afb0300b77.png

I can't find any official information from NCL or MSC. 

Say what you want about Carnival, but they are good at handling "situations."  We last sailed with them back in 2012 and were on board during Hurricane Sandy. Our cruise was extended a day and they did an excellent job of keeping everyone informed. On board you'd never know anything was different (other than the rough seas lol). All bars and dining venues were operating as usual, activities were planned, they printed out a daily for Day 8.  It was just another sea day.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Yes 

I am at terminal C in the AC for MSC seascape

we just got called and told we will be getting $20 OBC 

Been called 3 times form an MSC Oklahoma Tel#

MSC got all PAX out of the heat and upstairs into waiting areas 

No one  is checked in

Each ship has two terminals

MSC C & D

Carnival F & G

NCL B & E

as for the logistics and reasoning that is above my pay grade. 

All we have received news wise was it will be 6hrs before anything will happen 

We have vending machines and snacks to see us through 

Are they offering shuttles to Bayside for you? 

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Are they offering shuttles to Bayside for you? 

Us personally no 

The audio announcements have only said we could go into Miami to explore but not assisted 

I think most are happy to wait it out in the 

boarding area for now 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@PompeySailor I'm glad MSC is finally giving you some information (and water). 

It’s all good 👍🏻

Overall I have been pleasantly surprised and it is what it is w.r.t waiting 

We just have to go with it 😎

Obviously being here at terminal C we have no idea how the other lines are doing 

Its all pretty calm and folk are all on laptops and iPads batteries are running low for the phones 

AC outlets are a premium 

Looking forward to a strong drink 🍹 

I am patient 

• Like 3

@PompeySailor you have the right attitude. I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise. If MSC ponies up for a shuttle to bayside I might take it. I suspect your boarding is going to be closer to 6:00 than 5:00. I'd rather stroll around for 3 hours than wait in a crowded terminal. I'm sure it's pleasant and all, but I try to avoid indoor crowded spaces for an extended period of time if I can help it. 

• Thanks 1

NCL just sent out a text stating that embarkation will begin around 7:00 pm and they hope to complete embarkation around 9:00 p.m. I can't imagine MSC will do it any quicker. If anyone is still in the terminal now might be a good time to grab an uber for happy hour.

Edited by BermudaBound2014