Seascape not allowed into Maimi yet today (6/25/23)

BermudaBound2014

40 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Seems thur far that MSC is following Carnival’s lead.  

They have? Can you please provide a link? I must have missed it. 

All I have is that MSC  and CCl both gave $20 OBc (NCL gave $25), but I didn’t think that MSC offered a shuttle to bayside. I haven’t read where MSC is rebating alcohol, internet, and gratuities for today either, and communication from MSC appears to be the worst of the three. 

Hopefully @LMaxwell will come back and report his experience. 

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

All I have is that MSC  and CCl both gave $20 OBc (NCL gave $25), but I didn’t think that MSC offered a shuttle to bayside. I haven’t read where MSC is rebating alcohol, internet, and gratuities for today either, and communication from MSC appears to be the worst of the three. 

Clearly I jumped the gun and should have said that MSC is following Carnival‘s lead insofar as the $20 shipboard credit is concerned.
The rest of those things that Carnival is offering, I have not yet seen MSC match.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Finally some bread and alcohol 

been a very long day 

81DF2C8E-BFEA-446D-ABBE-1081D2DCDEF1.jpeg

The greater the disparity the more appreciative we are of the Yacht Club. 

Like having spent time in the desert and entering the 'promised land'.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

Oh wow... I didn't realize @PompeySailor was yacht club and still didn't make it onboard until 10:00 p.m. The ship arrived back at port at 4:00 p.m. and sailed again after midnight. That turn around was 8 hours. Still quicker than a normal turn around day, but a long day for guests and crew.

Hope those onboard are rested, relaxed, and have put the long day behind them.

Would still like to hear from those who got off the ship yesterday. Reports are that both Miami and FLL airports were a mess yesterday with people who missed their flights.  

Edited by BermudaBound2014

PompeySailor et al, very interesting posts. Went through a similar situation in Tampa in January when the port was closed due to fog. Ship docked at 6 p.m. and left around midnight. Thankfully we were onboard doing a B2B. No relief for those waiting to board  - no facilities, no water and, of course, no announcements. CCL seems to have treated folks properly. Anyway, enjoy your cruises. Hope the deteriorating weather coming up from the Caribbean won’t affect your holiday.

Cheers…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crown Vic said:

PompeySailor et al, very interesting posts. Went through a similar situation in Tampa in January when the port was closed due to fog. Ship docked at 6 p.m. and left around midnight. Thankfully we were onboard doing a B2B. No relief for those waiting to board  - no facilities, no water and, of course, no announcements. CCL seems to have treated folks properly. Anyway, enjoy your cruises. Hope the deteriorating weather coming up from the Caribbean won’t affect your holiday.

Cheers…

Thanks Vic

Our itinerary has been swapped around but that’s all good 👍🏻 

We are on a ship on the ocean so we are just happy with that 😎

I think the storm is quite a ways south of us , for now 

• Like 3

On 6/25/2023 at 7:45 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

We finally got inside the terminal about midnight and checked in approx 1:20AM.  

On 6/26/2023 at 7:57 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Oh wow... I didn't realize @PompeySailor was yacht club and still didn't make it onboard until 10:00 p.m. The ship arrived back at port at 4:00 p.m. and sailed again after midnight. That turn around was 8 hours. Still quicker than a normal turn around day, but a long day for guests and crew.

Hope those onboard are rested, relaxed, and have put the long day behind them.

Would still like to hear from those who got off the ship yesterday. Reports are that both Miami and FLL airports were a mess yesterday with people who missed their flights.  

Sailaway was closer to 4AM.  They had a muster around midnight but there was still some 2000+ guests not onboard. I never had muster this week. 

43 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

We finally got inside the terminal about midnight and checked in approx 1:20AM.  

42 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Sailaway was closer to 4AM.  They had a muster around midnight but there was still some 2000+ guests not onboard. I never had muster this week. 

Wow... that is much later than both CCL and NCLH. Other ships were actually sailing and you were just boarding 😞

I hope the rest of your vacation was fabulous! 

15 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Wow... that is much later than both CCL and NCLH. Other ships were actually sailing and you were just boarding 😞

I hope the rest of your vacation was fabulous! 

When we finally boarded both other ships were gone.  There was over 1000 behind us waiting still.  

No, it was not a fabulous vacation. I posted a separate review. There are a number of issues with this ship that being YC might alleviate (might not?) but for standard category class, not up to par.