Help me decide Silhouette vs Connie for a TA

poeticlicensed

Looking at booking a fall 2024 TA. Both leave within a week or so of each other from Barcelona and have similar itineraries.  We've sailed both S and M class in the Caribbean, and we enjoy both classes of ships. This will be our first TA and I wasn't sure if there were aspects of a TA that would make one a better choice over the other. 

6 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Looking at booking a fall 2024 TA. Both leave within a week or so of each other from Barcelona and have similar itineraries.  We've sailed both S and M class in the Caribbean, and we enjoy both classes of ships. This will be our first TA and I wasn't sure if there were aspects of a TA that would make one a better choice over the other. 

Silhouette has been upgraded. She was beautiful when we cruised on her the year before last…Connie’s upgrade was cancelled. Look for recent reviews about her condition. 

If you are opting for a suite Silhouette has a very nice suite deck, Connie has not. However, it depends on the weather how much you would use this…

Silhouette has three additional speciality restaurants to Connie. Murano’s, Lawn Grill and The Porch. Definitely adds variety on a longer cruise.

I would think Connie may be cheaper? If so and none of the above are that important to you then that could be a factor. In our experience activities and entertainment are similar on both M and S class.

• Like 2

oking at booking a fall 2024 TA. Both leave within a week or so of each other from Barcelona and have similar itineraries.  We've sailed both S and M class in the Caribbean, and we enjoy both classes of ships. This will be our first TA and I wasn't sure if there were aspects of a TA that would make one a better choice over the other. 

Silhouette - our favorite ship for a TA although this year we have chosen Reflection for the itinerary which is probably close to the route Silhouette will do in 2024. Whichever you choose just relax and enjoy the sea days.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Silhouette has been upgraded. She was beautiful when we cruised on her the year before last…Connie’s upgrade was cancelled. Look for recent reviews about her condition. 

If you are opting for a suite Silhouette has a very nice suite deck, Connie has not. However, it depends on the weather how much you would use this…

Silhouette has three additional speciality restaurants to Connie. Murano’s, Lawn Grill and The Porch. Definitely adds variety on a longer cruise.

I would think Connie may be cheaper? If so and none of the above are that important to you then that could be a factor. In our experience activities and entertainment are similar on both M and S class.

Very well put.  I am surprised they are the same price given that Silhouette is a much better ship for the reasons stated. I sailed on Connie once for the itinerary.  Never again.  

I would go with Silhouette.  It is updated and just has a more open feel to the ship.

There are nice choices in Specialty Restaurants on Silhouette which include Murano (my favorite), Lawn Club Grill and Tuscan Grill.  

Have a great cruise.

39 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Very well put.  I am surprised they are the same price given that Silhouette is a much better ship for the reasons stated. I sailed on Connie once for the itinerary.  Never again.  

Didn’t like the Connie 🤔

we done 28 night B2B cruise with a TA on the Infinity in 2019 , a Connie 14 night Suez Canal cruise in 2017 and enjoyed the ships 

We Like the Mclass ship better than the E class Apex TA we did in 2022 

Book the Connie TA in Nov ‘23 and the ship is about 95% filled , only only balcony left is an AQU Suite 

I guess a lot people still like the M class ship 

we also enjoy the S-class ships , it would be a hard decision to pick which ship to go on 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Agree with everybody else.  For a longer cruise go with Silhouette and the better choice of Specialty dining.

I think Specialty dinning is way over rated , not good value for price you pay 

A bunch of us were offered Tuscan at 50% off on the Reflection TA , we all passed on the offer 

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Actually no. They end up being the same price pp.pd

These are 2 of my favorite ships overall.  I have not been on the Silhouette since it's been upgraded, in nov I will be, but have been on the Connie 3x since start up.  I enjoy the constellation overall and would easily sail her again.  You have to pick what is important overall.  I used to think the specialty dining options was important, but not anymore. With specialty dinners, ie Chefs table, Champayne Dinner etc there are plenty of choices The main areas of the Connie have been updated, ie new carpets in lounges, etc.  The rooms still have not been, but they are clean and very comfortable overall.  S class use to be my favorite ship, but now both the S class and M class are tossups to me, They are both great, I know Im not helpful.  I love the small feel of the M class and enjoy the S class layout along with top deck on S class.  If costs were = probably would lean towards the Silhouette as it has a feeling of being in a more open space.

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

The crossing of the Atlantic :

The Constellation has 9 days at sea in a row 😀

The Silhouette makes stops at Ponta Delgada and Royal Naval Dock

I agree.  Have no problem with long stretches of sea days (we've done 30+ crossings) but given the choice of 2 breaks in Ponta Delgada and Bermuda, would go that way.

And the Silhouette has a good supply of balcony cabins available at pretty decent money.  The suite prices are off the insanity chart.

Edited by ECCruise

14 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

My advice is to choose the itinerary that you like better as they are very different.

Personally I think Silhouette is a better ship for a TA--larger ship with more venues which I think would be great for all the sea days.  However we did sail on Constellation last October for her Rome to Tampa cruise and we loved the ship and the crew.  We had a nice aft cabin to watch time go by.  Oh, that is another thing, the aft cabins are better on Constellation vs Silhouette in my opinion.

• Like 1