Cunard boarding times?

Wheats24

34 minutes ago, Wheats24 said:

We are on the Fjords Cruise 6th Aug and today have just been given our arrival time of 1300. We are first time Cunard passengers and are staying Princess Grill deck 8, from what I have read this arrival times seem to be completely random.

Arrival times are based on cabin type eg Grills or then deck. They are not  random. 

• Thanks 1

Received our boarding time yesterday for our Aug Fjords cruise, 3.30pm. We’re Platinum Deck 6.  Never had such a late boarding time.  Disappointed as I will miss lunch in the Pub, which is always a great way to start a cruise. 

We've a short (Amsterdam) cruise booked on QV in September. I've already booked the train journey (£66 1st class return) for the pair of us from Waterloo which will be arriving at Soton at 12:20, so I'm hoping our boarding time isn't too late. If it is we can always grab lunch out somewhere. We need 3 days for diamond and this seemed like a good way of getting it and also we will have the option of booking the October Eastern Med cruise on board as well with the possibility of a deal.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Os said:

Received our boarding time yesterday for our Aug Fjords cruise, 3.30pm. We’re Platinum Deck 6.  Never had such a late boarding time.  Disappointed as I will miss lunch in the Pub, which is always a great way to start a cruise. 

I can’t remember which ship but on Embarkation day Golden Lion doesn’t close until 4 also doesn’t open until 1  I would need to dig out my old daily programmes . I have sailed on all 3 Queens so will be able to check later for you 

That was my understanding but when I received the allocation I thought perhaps I had mis understood.  Maybe we will head down earlier and if they turn us away just drop off the cases and walk into town.

Does anybody know whether they serve afternoon tea in the Queens Room on embarkation days?  If I miss the Pub lunch I might be be able to head there for afternoon tea.

13 minutes ago, The Os said:

That was my understanding but when I received the allocation I thought perhaps I had mis understood.  Maybe we will head down earlier and if they turn us away just drop off the cases and walk into town.

Does anybody know whether they serve afternoon tea in the Queens Room on embarkation days?  If I miss the Pub lunch I might be be able to head there for afternoon tea.

No QR tea on embarkation day, I’m afraid.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 4:32 AM, Splice the mainbrace said:

Whatever grade of cabin you are in Platinum level and above get early priority boarding only at Southampton and New York, whatever the boarding time you’ve been allocated. 

For a long time Cunard has been promising priority boarding only for New York and Southampton.  Yet they do offer it in the two Canadian ports which Cunard uses: Vancouver and Québec.  

Recently Britannia Club is on the list for priority boarding.  

• Like 1