Recommendations for taxi transport only in London from LHR and then to Southampton

We want all recommendations for car transport only from LHR to central London hotel, and the a few days later from London Hotel to Southampton. Not looking for bus or train thanks . 

I’ve seen Blackberry, Justairports , any others? Experiences please . 

Lots of suggestions on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2662148-transfer-southampton—london-incl-lhrlgw-train-car-other/page/29/#comment-65622236

If you scroll back a long way, ignore recommendations for Smiths for Airports - very popular with cruisers but sadly a casualty of the Pandemic.

I rate Southampton-based private transfer operators as more customer-friendly and usually better value than their London counterparts.

But not for LHR to central London - it's way out of their territory.

JB 🙂

5 hours ago, Moxiefurball said:

We want all recommendations for car transport only from LHR to central London hotel ...

10 minutes ago, John Bull said:

But not for LHR to central London - it's way out of their territory.

Indeed: any of the London-based "usual suspects" should do a decent job for this bit. They're basically all much of a muchness. On the rare occasions that I take a car to/from the airport, I use one of them out of habit - except for the one time when they were fully booked by the time I tried, whereupon they referred me to another of the usual suspects, who were just as good.

Yes  but most of that thread pertains to national express and or train . 

I just want a private transport and I am getting quotes anywhere from Heathrow to central London -95 pounds  to as much as $160 pound's … and that’s a crazy range .. for 4 ppl snd 4 large suitcases and sone carryons 

Edited by Moxiefurball

1 hour ago, Moxiefurball said:

Yes  but most of that thread pertains to national express and or train . 

I just want a private transport and I am getting quotes anywhere from Heathrow to central London -95 pounds  to as much as $160 pound's … and that’s a crazy range .. for 4 ppl snd 4 large suitcases and sone carryons 

Transportation is expensive...not sure what you expect. We used Blackberry and they were well worth the price. I've also heard some good things about Pinkberrry too.

3 hours ago, Moxiefurball said:

£95 is not far off what I'd expect to pay for a car that takes that many people.

For context, if you were to pay a walk-up fare on the Heathrow Express, it would be £100 in standard class for the four of you. And that would only get you to Paddington, which isn't really quite central London. And you'd have to move and carry all your luggage yourself.

As Ashland asks, what were you expecting to pay?

3 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

£95 is not far off what I'd expect to pay for a car that takes that many people.

For context, if you were to pay a walk-up fare on the Heathrow Express, it would be £100 in standard class for the four of you. And that would only get you to Paddington, which isn't really quite central London. And you'd have to move and carry all your luggage yourself.

I understand the pricing and know it’s expensive curious as to why there are wildly different costs.  $95 vs $160 . Perhaps the $95 won’t show up , but the more expensive are more reliable.  This is my reason for the initial post to ask if people with good experiences would give me some recommendations. 

26 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

I understand the pricing and know it’s expensive curious as to why there are wildly different costs.  $95 vs $160 . Perhaps the $95 won’t show up , but the more expensive are more reliable.  This is my reason for the initial post to ask if people with good experiences would give me some recommendations. 

There are lots of possible reasons. We don't know who's given the quotes, or for what. Perhaps the more expensive one only operates particularly luxurious vehicles. Or it may be quoting for a larger vehicle than the cheaper company is quoting, even though the larger vehicle is far bigger than you really need; that may perhaps be because the more expensive company doesn't have any right-sized vehicles, or any available on the day that you want.

It's unlikely that any of the usual suspects will simply fail to show up, although inevitably mishaps will occasionally happen (which is one of the reasons I don't push any individual company by name). Anyway, if you're at the airport and you are unlucky enough to have a no-show, you always have backup. You just go to the official taxi rank and get in a black cab. It will cost more, but it will get you there safely without you having to take the Tube, a train or a bus.

Be careful with the pricing, though. £95 is about what I'd expect to pay. $95 is a bit low and I'd wonder who it was coming from.

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

@Globaliserjustairports.London is giving me the 95 rate.  They don’t specify in pounds or US dollars, I’m assuming pounds although I’ve asked . And mentions meeting atvWH Smith .

I got a rate of  129:pounds from penguin 

blackberry wants 138 pounds.  

are these the “ usual suspects” you speak of ?

Edited by Moxiefurball

We are only a party of two, but Blackberry Cars has confirmed 66pounds from LHR to S.Kensington, and 189pounds from hotel to Southampton.

Very easy communications, specific instructions on where to meet at LHR.

• Like 1