Favorite foods/dishes on NCL (within the past year or two)

GORDONCHICK

42 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

At first I thought you were crazy! Not liking pork belly. Then you provided photographic evidence. Oh my! That's far too much. The appetizer size is just fine, but for an entree..... no thank you!! Unless it's really, really, really crispy. So that most of the fat has melted out. I'm not a big pork rind person either, because I can't tolerate all that fat melting in my mouth.

Now, the below appetizer sized (compare the apple slice size to the pork) is yummy. And crispy. 

image.thumb.jpeg.05c427987450279708ef13e756a47932.jpeg

Yeah, in looking at others pics…I don’t think mine was cooked properly and,as you stated, too large.  

17 hours ago, CruiserJ03 said:

Great recommendations everyone!

Surprised no one mentioned the Seven Layer Chocolate cake @Cagneys- winner for chocolate lovers.

MDR sometimes has had really good roast lamb.

When I am in vegetarian mode really appreciate the buffet salad bar + the random mixed salads they make, and usually the Indian food is good.

Bottom of page one I mention the Cagney's chocolate cake. I am surprised more people don't talk about it. My favorite thing at Cagney's! 😋 Always order it with ice cream.

Agree about all the random salads in the buffet. I always go there first and pretzel rolls second. I eat the pretzel rolls with butter or Brie cheese or just a little mustard. Getting hungry now. I really should stop reading this thread, but it is helping me get more excited for our next trip.

Edited by Cruising Lynne
error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Bottom of page one I mention the Cagney's chocolate cake. I am surprised more people don't talk about it. My favorite thing at Cagney's! 😋 Always order it with ice cream.

It's not mentioned more because, those of us who love, love, love the chocolate cake are afraid if it's mentioned too much, other's will order it a lot more and there won't be any left for us!!!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! I enjoyed this thread! We have just booked our first NCL cruise and this made my mouth water!

We will be on Joy for the 9 day NY to Quebec itinerary. Looking forward to some of those yummy things mentioned.

Barb

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 5:18 PM, quack2 said:

So I got the pork belly on my recent cruise on the Spirit.  Never had it before.  Are you supposed to eat the whole thing, or just carve the meaty part from the fat?

You do eat the crispy skin part too. However, on the Joy a couple weeks ago I just took one or two bites of the crispy skin and left the rest and then just ate the rest of the meat, just to not ingest even more fat than I already was all week lol.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, laudergayle said:

Yeah, in looking at others pics…I don’t think mine was cooked properly and,as you stated, too large.  

That definitely didn’t look as good as what I had on the Getaway and the Joy. It was good both times I had it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1