Pinnacle Grill Questions

motravelerken

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

While I agree in theory with @Florida_gal_50 that coating bacon with sweetness seems wrong, I guess we will have to try it, finally, on our next cruise!

Aloha. Yes the thought of sweet bacon sounds weird but it works. We have had it both in Hawaii and New York where it is served in many restaurants. It is quite delicious. Enjoy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

While I agree in theory with @Florida_gal_50 that coating bacon with sweetness seems wrong, I guess we will have to try it, finally, on our next cruise!

It's that combo of salty and sweet that's so delicious! Think of a Reeses peanut butter/chocolate cup.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Aloha. There is a brand of bacon called Neuskes which is served in many restaurants. I can’t recall if HAL serves them but it seems to be a restaurant standard just curious if they use them as I am having a senior moment 😂 

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You definitely need to try it.  For me it was one and done.  Anything that can get me to not eat bacon I see as a win 😛🥓😂.

Anything that gets me eating more bacon 🥓 (well cooked, not soggy) is a win. 😊🤗🥳 just skip the pickle and 🍋 

Bacon has been paired with sweet for years. There's a particular specialty bacon provider that cures theirs in brown sugar. Maple flavor is also common, even in your run-of-the-mill grocery store bacon.

There's a restaurant about a block away from me that serves the aforementioned brown-sugar cured bacon in a jar with a side of home made peanut butter. It's very popular.

image.thumb.png.e877f7db2ff5293d2268a5141cdf9b7a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Anything that gets me eating more bacon 🥓 (well cooked, not soggy) is a win. 😊🤗🥳 just skip the pickle and 🍋 

Unfortunately I’m not blessed with the metabolism that many people on this board seem to be blessed with 😔.

9 hours ago, jthek said:

They have great rolls in the PG unless you are trying to cut out while flour

from your diet

Does anyone know if they bake rolls on the ship that use almond flour?

I'm sure they don't. Gluten free bread option was basically sandwich bread served pre-dinner... well, kept my tween happy anyway!

13 hours ago, loveandpeas said:

I'm sure they don't. Gluten free bread option was basically sandwich bread served pre-dinner... well, kept my tween happy anyway!

What do you mean served pre dinner?

On 7/2/2023 at 5:18 AM, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Yes the thought of sweet bacon sounds weird but it works. We have had it both in Hawaii and New York where it is served in many restaurants. It is quite delicious. Enjoy!

I'm from Calgary, Home of the Stampede! Pancake breakfasts abound on almost every street corner for 10 days. Pancakes with Maple syrup and bacon or sausage,( a little syrup always flows onto  the bacon or sausage yum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CanuckMumof2girls said:

I'm from Calgary, Home of the Stampede! Pancake breakfasts abound on almost every street corner for 10 days. Pancakes with Maple syrup and bacon or sausage,( a little syrup always flows onto  the bacon or sausage yum!

Now I'm hungry.

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 11:46 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

You definitely need to try it.  For me it was one and done.  Anything that can get me to not eat bacon I see as a win 😛🥓😂.

I'm a bacon addict (real bacon not the streaky crunchy stuffs Americans love) and I'm a sugar addict - but I gotta say the concept of candied bacon has zero appeal to me. I may try it for the cultural experience.