Room Service Charges

cruiser3775

I am going on Carnival Splendor out of Sydney. First time with Carnival. I just looked at the room service breakfast menu. I can see some things have a charge listed next to them for "breakfast sandwiches", but most of the menu has no charges listed. So if I order, for example, cereal and a pastry and yoghurt, is that included in what I have already paid for the cruise?

What about snack items throughout the day and evening.  We have never ordered room service for such items, but traveling with my grandchildren (who seem to eat 24/7),  I would like to have that option if needed.

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

What about snack items throughout the day and evening.  We have never ordered room service for such items, but traveling with my grandchildren (who seem to eat 24/7),  I would like to have that option if needed.

Nothing is included other than continental breakfast.  If you want anything outside of that limited menu and time frame it comes with a cost.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Nothing is included other than continental breakfast.  If you want anything outside of that limited menu and time frame it comes with a cost.

Thanks (I think) 🙄 @ray98 for sharing the menu - there certainly are VERY few items that don't cost extra. I'd read that, but seeing the menu really highlights the changes and additional costs I need to prepare for. Times do change. Ugh...

49 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Oh my!  That's quite interesting.  I know the staff is short handed, so I guess that's a good way to keep people from ordering room service. 

At least a little something for breakfast can be ordered, but we should probably grab a few cereal boxes and bananas from the Lido the day before and not bother with a delivery.  That way, the grandchildren will have something to snack on while waiting for the adults to get ready for breakfast.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Oh my!  That's quite interesting.  I know the staff is short handed, so I guess that's a good way to keep people from ordering room service. 

At least a little something for breakfast can be ordered, but we should probably grab a few cereal boxes and bananas from the Lido the day before and not bother with a delivery.  That way, the grandchildren will have something to snack on while waiting for the adults to get ready for breakfast.

LOL....boxed cereal is no more....just bulk dispensers.  Maybe you can get a banana.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ray98 said:

LOL....boxed cereal is no more....just bulk dispensers.  Maybe you can get a banana.

Wow - really has changed. We were on Carnival right at Covid restart and I just don't recall things being that different. Of course, there were very few passengers as the ship was less than half full, but the menu charges and availability in Lido didn't seem much different than before. Should be interesting.

I believe most of the main stream lines are doing similar things with their room service as well. What I like with Carnival is isome items can be delivered anywhere on the ship, not just your cabin.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ray98 said:

😃Is the room service cereal delivered in a bowl instead of boxes?

We had hot breakfast room service on HAL.  I am pretty sure that lunch and dinner deliveries were free of charge, as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

😃Is the room service cereal delivered in a bowl instead of boxes?

We had hot breakfast room service on HAL.  I am pretty sure that lunch and dinner deliveries were free of charge, as well.

On HAL the room service cold cereal is no longer delivered in a box, it's in a bowl. And yes, all room service except for a few items is no charge.

17 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I believe most of the main stream lines are doing similar things with their room service as well. What I like with Carnival is isome items can be delivered anywhere on the ship, not just your cabin.

Even Celebrity is charging; "Modern Luxury" my ass!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Even Celebrity is charging; "Modern Luxury" my ass!

this is what happens when an industry its locked out of doing business for almost two years and they have to keep ships idling while they wait and tap their fingers for the OK to sail again (which as we all know happened without major incident).  Carnival is trying to dig themselves out of 25+ billion hole.  As far as I am concerned, I am fine with water they need to do to stay in business.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

this is what happens when an industry its locked out of doing business for almost two years and they have to keep ships idling while they wait and tap their fingers for the OK to sail again (which as we all know happened without major incident).  Carnival is trying to dig themselves out of 25+ billion hole.  As far as I am concerned, I am fine with water they need to do to stay in business.

I'm not, the investors can take the hit, the customers are what matters!

6 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

I'm not, the investors can take the hit, the customers are what matters!

Actually stockholders reign supreme.  But if it makes you feel somewhat better go with that.  For the record, who said customers do not matter?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Actually stockholders reign supreme.  But if it makes you feel somewhat better go with that.  For the record, who said customers do not matter?

This is a lie from the 90's+, it simply did not exist in my boyhood in the 80's.  The customer was the first, second, third, most important thing.  It was the sole goal of companies to serve their interest, ie. "for the common good."

1 minute ago, gkbiiii said:

This is a lie from the 90's+, it simply did not exist in my boyhood in the 80's.  The customer was the first, second, third, most important thing.  It was the sole goal of companies to serve their interest, ie. "for the common good."

as long as they can stay in business, that is fine.  Not sure what the 80's or 90's have to do with anything.  If you are saying they cared about their customers then and do not now, that is simply an ignorant view, but all opinions count.

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

as long as they can stay in business, that is fine.  Not sure what the 80's or 90's have to do with anything.  If you are saying they cared about their customers then and do not now, that is simply an ignorant view, but all opinions count.

Every business was better than now, from airlines to banking. 

28 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

Every business was better than now, from airlines to banking. 

We all deal with the cards we are dealt.  Those in “charge” now set the rules. The pendelum will swing back…. i hope.